Customer Service 866.965.0400

machine super sealant on wheels

1sikss

Question

12 answers to this question

For those who have been using quick sealant on your wheels... do you worry about QS oversray on the tires? And would that affect the application of SVRT?

No worrying here. I like to apply the majority of the wheels by using the Ameircana applicator. For the areas that are a little bit harder to reach then I may spray directly onto the wheels. For the most part no overspray is reaching the tires during this process.

If you go this route, remember to use an extra applicator for your wheels so you keep one designated for paint and one for wheels. You can label each with a marker. :2thumbs:

I use mss on my wheels with absolutely fantastic long lasting results. While I'm sure I'm overreacting, I don't like he idea of breathing in spray from the aerosol in an enclosed garage. But, either way you can't go wrong.

You should always use aerosols in well ventaliated areas, enclosed garages do not meet the well ventaliated areas, opening a garage door and the use of a box fan or two will create a well ventaliated area (box fans not required they just help move more air,also outside works too).

For those who have been using quick sealant on your wheels... do you worry about QS oversray on the tires? And would that affect the application of SVRT?

I use the SVRT before the sealant, so then any overspray from the wheel is on top of the SVRT and I don't need to be concerned about a change of appearance. :thumbsup:

Since I already have the Machine Super Sealant would it be OK to use it on the wheels while I have them off of the truck for rotation. That way I could use an applicator around the back inside of the rim. The question is, Is the Machine Sealant basically the same as the Quick Sealant just in a liquids form?

Since I already have the Machine Super Sealant would it be OK to use it on the wheels while I have them off of the truck for rotation. That way I could use an applicator around the back inside of the rim. The question is, Is the Machine Sealant basically the same as the Quick Sealant just in a liquids form?

The trick is to put on a very, very thin coat. Too thick and it will be a lot of work to remove.