Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gallon Refill Storage

13-Mustang-GT/CS

Question

im sure this has been answered somewhere before, but I am looking for an accurate answer.

I am a 21 year old guy who still lives at home. My mom is on my case about having 5 different gallon refills in the corner of my room. My dad has cleaned out half of his shed for all of my car care products. I want to put them in there but what will the temperatures do to the products. I live in NJ and this week the temps are getting to around 50*. When will it be safe to put them in the shed and then what about in the summer when it is 90-100* outside?

Also if this helps the gallon refills are:

Detail Spray

Waterless Wash

Car Shampoo

All Purpose Cleaner

Microfiber Brightener and Revitalizer

14 answers to this question

Guest Gone & Forgotten
im sure this has been answered somewhere before, but I am looking for an accurate answer.

I am a 21 year old guy who still lives at home. My mom is on my case about having 5 different gallon refills in the corner of my room. My dad has cleaned out half of his shed for all of my car care products. I want to put them in there but what will the temperatures do to the products. I live in NJ and this week the temps are getting to around 50*. When will it be safe to put them in the shed and then what about in the summer when it is 90-100* outside?

Also if this helps the gallon refills are:

Detail Spray

Waterless Wash

Car Shampoo

All Purpose Cleaner

Microfiber Brightener and Revitalizer

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/general-detailing-discussion-questions/15978.htm

My experience....

No. Heat will kill the solvent based products... And the water based ones will separate.

Shampoo will probably be okay since you dilute it anyway.

Waterless wash will separate and discolor in heat

APC will evaporate and crack a non-gallon bottle (different plastic)

DS will evaporate and separate.

Dunno on the microfiber stuff.

The leather interior cleaner is the worst for the heat. Major issues personally. Lost about 3-4 sprayers worth.

If they start using the bottles like the new Deep wheel cleaner is in... That will help.

Just go to the local Dollar Store and buy one of those attractive (:jester:)plastic tubs with a lid on it and put them in there and keep them in your bedroom or in your closet. That way you don't have to worry about them leaking on carpets or being out for Mom to see, and when it gets warmer, just take them to the garage till next winter. :thumbsup:

If he didn't still live home he won't have a 40+k car. I remember (barely) when I used to have money in my pockets. Enjoy it while you can,.. nothing wrong with that.

You know Joe I'm in the same boat. It is nice out this morning and I'm thinking of returning my supplies to the garage, just going to look at the extended forecast to make sure the night temperatures don't drop below freezing. March is a crazy month.

Just checked and it looks like we are headed for some more cold nights...looks like I have to wait.

I don't wanna wait. :(

i used to love the cold weather. I now hate it . all it does is prevent me from playing golf and detailing my car

and as for living at home, still only 21 and having a $40+k and not worrying about a mortgage and saving up is only gunna better me. Pretty good head start IMO.

I found out the hard way with Adams products in the cold & heat. I had to toss some expensive stuff out a few years back. I just keep the basic necessities that I use in the garage. The gallons etc are in the basement on the shelf.

21 with a new Mustang is a nice thing. I purchased my first new car when I was 19 it was a Grand Prix. The responsibility to pay a loan off and to keep up with the payments and insurance made me a better person. Gave my credit a huge boost too.

that was many moons ago.

I found out the hard way with Adams products in the cold & heat. I had to toss some expensive stuff out a few years back. I just keep the basic necessities that I use in the garage. The gallons etc are in the basement on the shelf.

21 with a new Mustang is a nice thing. I purchased my first new car when I was 19 it was a Grand Prix. The responsibility to pay a loan off and to keep up with the payments and insurance made me a better person. Gave my credit a huge boost too.

that was many moons ago.

Defiantly teaching me responsibility and making me work hard. No more I dont feel good, im takin the day off. No work, No car lol

Sounds like you got your solution, im in a similiar situation too. Live at home with my parent and since its just me and my mom, she graciously let me have the pantry for my gallon refills. All my bottles are kept in my room in a big, plastic bin and the towels in my closet in a 3 drawer bin. It's a decent setup for now but i'd like to make it nicer and more organized soon:willy:

Sounds like you got your solution' date=' im in a similiar situation too. Live at home with my parent and since its just me and my mom, she graciously let me have the pantry for my gallon refills. All my bottles are kept in my room in a big, plastic bin and the towels in my closet in a 3 drawer bin. It's a decent setup for now but i'd like to make it nicer and more organized soon:willy:[/quote']

yeah this week im gunna organize and create a nice setup in my closet