Customer Service 866.965.0400

Suggestions

Blazer15

So me and the GF are moving in together, which means I'm now going to be 60 miles away from work. That means the GTO is gonna go. :(. Very sad. I'm looking at used sporty cars that get good gas mileage.

Any suggestions.

A couple I've been looking at

- genesis 2.0t (Higher end of price range)

- Kia forte sx. (Not fast but real good mileage and still a 6 speed. Looks good)

Trying to stay around 20k max.

Thanks,

Kevin

The focus and cruze are great little cars...

Cruze starts around $16,000 MSRP, meaning you could equip one pretty well under your budget. Same for the focus.

Edit - HECK... you could even squeeze a malibu in there (which are really nice in the new trim) if you negotiated. Think they start around $20-$21k MSRP.

LS engines get mid to upper 20's on the highway. Keep it.

Perhaps in the GTO, but my G8 with 95% highway driving is lucky to see 23 on average and that's NO stop and go. 73mph.

Is there anything wrong with that Kia? I'm just not a fan of the looks of the cruze or the focus.

Don't forget to check residual on it. It may look nice and be a great car, but may lose value in a FAST way. You want to make sure you find a happy medium.

Chris

I thought about doing that. But insuring both, maintenance on both, etc is more than I wanna deal with.

I added a 2008 Z06 corvette to my [truck] insurance and it only went up $200/year. Maintenance will be less if driven less frequently...

Suggestion: Keep both and don't make BIG sacrifices until there's a ring on that finger!

Too bad yo couldnt keep the GTO.. I know my G8 sucks down the gas at only 22 hwy but I have a 4 banger DD that saves me some $$ and the G8 doesn't get beat up.

I would find a place closer to your job or find a reliable used Honda or VW TDI as a DD.