Customer Service 866.965.0400

So I have to ask

ChargerMatt

Question

What is the difference between the Americana and the Patriot wax?

I was under the impression when I ordered the expensive Americana that it was some of the top of the line wax (found here)

PREMIUM CARNAUBA - On the other hand Adam's Americana Paste Wax is comprised of the highest grade of carnauba available.

So... am I paying the extra $200 to line the pockets of the staff or is it a multipurpose box or is it just the warm feeling I get from donating $25 of the extra $200 I spent on the new "best"?

I must say... I feel duped.

17 answers to this question

Honestly Americana is great and comparable and better than many in it's price range. I've been fortunate enough to try some really expensive waxes and some are better than americana (but most aren't). So what I'm saying is even though americana is great, there is room for improvement and patriot wax is probably just that. If Dylan says this wax is on another level than Americana, trust me you'll be amazed with it!

Also durability is supposed to be higher :)

Matt, there is a difference. I have seen it and worked with it while in development. I will let the experts (i.e., Dylan) answer that because I do not know enough to answer intelligently.

Honestly Americana is great and comparable and better than many in it's price range. I've been fortunate enough to try some really expensive waxes and some are better than americana (but most aren't). So what I'm saying is even though americana is great, there is room for improvement and patriot wax is probably just that. If Dylan says this wax is on another level than Americana, trust me you'll be amazed with it!

Also durability is supposed to be higher :)

:iagree:

Roshan I am with you on this one.. You know what I mean.... :cheers:

Don't you think there are two sides to every story.If ones perception is that if it costs more it shines more I think that thinking is skewed. Not necessarily true. With that said the average person might not be able to tell the difference. Just because one person says its better doesnt make it better.

Most on here are just want their rides to be clean and stay clean. So fussing with them is all they do. Wheels one day interior the next then on to paint correction and then daily maintenance and up keep. This wax will not appeal to everyone and everyone will have different views on how it works or performs. No one should force feed anything to anyone. I have tried many waxes over time some very good and some very bad. I think of wax as a protectant? Am I wrong. The shine comes from the polishing ? I think the difference may be able to be seen only with different colors.an example a black car will look shinier than a silver or white car.

If you strip away the box and the packaging and the billet container what would be the cost of this wax??? That's the bottom line. IMO. Yes good cause and snazzy packaging and yes a collectible in its own right because of the availability. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion so this is mine? I kinda just lost track of where I was going with this. Bottom line is everyone is not gonna see the difference. Again just my opinion. And not a bash to Adams in any way.

Short answer... the concentrations and types of ingredients used in Patriot are higher than those in Americana... more difficult to source, and thus more expensive. We chose them because of the project goal "BEAT AMERICANA" and it was going to take something pretty special to do it.

As Tony pointed out above, the subtleties of how one wax "looks" compared to another are going to be slight, but noticable. In another thread someone asked for pictures... and like I said in that response:

In pictures at 800px x 800px on a forum you'd be hard pressed to tell a direct difference between buttery and americana... but in person the change in depth and gloss are noticable. This will very much be the same. I could probably do a side by side picture here for you guys and you'd never see the differences in something I posted online, but using them in person we're confident you'll see a difference in how they go on/come off and how they enhance the paint.

Choosing a wax is like choosing a wine with dinner... unless you're into wine "Pretty much any red" will do with a steak, but if you're into it you'll choose a specific type of red, a cab, a franc, a blend or something from a particular year or vintner. To the casual wine drinker there might not be much difference between how one wine impacts a meal versus another, but if you are into wine then the right one can make a great meal spectacular. Its all in the subtle things.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Well said Dylan !!!!! Now you got me thinking about wine and its only 9:41am eastern time!!!!!! It would be nice if you could after the 250 run is done to randomly select some forum members not the normal forum testers to get a small sample and do a side by side. This would be to gauge if it would be worth it for Adams to make this available? Honestly if this wax after some testing is deemed better and could be made with a reasonable price point could be another knotch in Adams belt. Heck it might even outsell Americana!!! Even with a higher price. People in general want different options and I think this could be one. No frills container with a nice applicator!could be a home run baby!!!!!

Well said Dylan !!!!! Now you got me thinking about wine and its only 9:41am eastern time!!!!!! It would be nice if you could after the 250 run is done to randomly select some forum members not the normal forum testers to get a small sample and do a side by side. This would be to gauge if it would be worth it for Adams to make this available? Honestly if this wax after some testing is deemed better and could be made with a reasonable price point could be another knotch in Adams belt. Heck it might even outsell Americana!!! Even with a higher price. People in general want different options and I think this could be one. No frills container with a nice applicator!could be a home run baby!!!!!

We're definitely considering it... just as it is now production is a time consuming and costly thing, so we have to weigh that in our decision.

Looks like #50 was purchased a short time ago... so run 51-100 will be scheduled here soon.

I started with Buttery, I mean $70 for Americana???? I love buttery, it is a great wax. Well, a daily special for the Americana hit and I decided to try it. Wow, what a difference. It just added depth to my car.

Fast-forward a year.

Patriot. Awesome name, awesome packaging, awesome cause. But $250? My wallet was screaming at me as I reached for it. The credit card tried to hide behind the AAA card. Grant and the Franklin twins put on masks. None of it mattered - Adam's remembers your credit card number and I remember the three digit code. :thumbsup:

I got Patriot #19 yesterday. Washed my car (5 months old and I still haven't removed the swirls it came with :eek:) Did an IPA wipedown of the hood only, a bit of Revive, some BG and I did half with Patriot, half with Americana.

My car is a fairly dark, deep blue and looks great with Americana. Now maybe it was the lighting, maybe it was wanting Patriot to be a superior wax, but I swear the Patriot side has a little bit more umph, a bit of a twinkle and perhaps a little smile.

My mind is already telling me that I need to get a second one once they hit the 201 - 250 batch, but I'll see how my little 50/50 experiment goes.

Oh, and Patriot smells like Heaven burning a vanilla candle!

I started with Buttery, I mean $70 for Americana???? I love buttery, it is a great wax. Well, a daily special for the Americana hit and I decided to try it. Wow, what a difference. It just added depth to my car.

Fast-forward a year.

Patriot. Awesome name, awesome packaging, awesome cause. But $250? My wallet was screaming at me as I reached for it. The credit card tried to hide behind the AAA card. Grant and the Franklin twins put on masks. None of it mattered - Adam's remembers your credit card number and I remember the three digit code. :thumbsup:

I got Patriot #19 yesterday. Washed my car (5 months old and I still haven't removed the swirls it came with :eek:) Did an IPA wipedown of the hood only, a bit of Revive, some BG and I did half with Patriot, half with Americana.

My car is a fairly dark, deep blue and looks great with Americana. Now maybe it was the lighting, maybe it was wanting Patriot to be a superior wax, but I swear the Patriot side has a little bit more umph, a bit of a twinkle and perhaps a little smile.

My mind is already telling me that I need to get a second one once they hit the 201 - 250 batch, but I'll see how my little 50/50 experiment goes.

Oh, and Patriot smells like Heaven burning a vanilla candle!

For all that is HOLY, for the love of GOD post PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:help:

Might be just me not sure, but I am thinking If I had a show car maybe I can up the greenbacks for it. But I know Mastercard and Visa card are masters of deception, and I believe they changed into a Sams card and A Barnes ad Nobles book of the month club card.... If I had anything bigger than a Washington in my wallet the wife already got it, or the daughters stole it lastnight.. :lolsmack:

Americana works pretty darn well for me. I mean I wax it up, Glimmering like a Bizzznitchhhelllllll, and take it out and never fails the community where I live is running the irrigation for the shrubs in the middle of the road or something... Then I got road grime all over.. After reading the write ups on Patriot, think I will stay with ole reliable Americana. Still very hard to beat that shine. :rockon::2thumbs::patriot::patriot::patriot:

Edited by GaryW

My SS with Patriot:

IMG_2814_zps5b56343e.jpg

My SS with Americana:

1f5db7e5.jpg

I feel it's a Deeper, Wetter, Thicker (if you will) look to the paint.

IMO it's harder to see differences in lighter colors, plus yes, those angles are so dissimilar it doesn't show the difference IMO.

The Patriot I bought and received is meant for my G8. Since it's going to be a garage queen, I'm not worried about longevity. :thumbsup: I don't believe the DD's will get Patriot. AQS is TOO good IMO.

Chris

IMO it's harder to see differences in lighter colors, plus yes, those angles are so dissimilar it doesn't show the difference IMO.

The Patriot I bought and received is meant for my G8. Since it's going to be a garage queen, I'm not worried about longevity. :thumbsup: I don't believe the DD's will get Patriot. AQS is TOO good IMO.

Chris

I first thought I'd save the Patriot for my Vette, but it is a garage queen and it needs waxed what, twice a year max? Do I really need a 20 year supply of Patriot?

I first thought I'd save the Patriot for my Vette, but it is a garage queen and it needs waxed what, twice a year max? Do I really need a 20 year supply of Patriot?

I don't waste my time applying carnuba to my DD's. It doesn't last long enough to care about the little bit of depth it gives. I'll wax my G8 more than twice a year. Guarantee you that! :rockon: