Customer Service 866.965.0400

Im so tired of this economy...

Kwhite

Well, has officially screwed me too.... i just got informed a little while ago that i get the honor of either taking a10k a year downgrade in pay and going back into doing manual labor in the field or taking a layoff. well ive got 4 kids and my wife got laid off recently so until something better happens, i have totake the downgrae in pay. unfortunately that means i wont be able to pay all my bills....that means my car is going to get repod soon since i either pay for it or the family suv and ive got way too many kids to fit into my car. i won't be buying a house finally like had planned either.... and no more adams product purchases for quite awhile... this sucks. i really think i either need just pack the family up and leave the country.

this blows, im being forced from happily living in a country with a system i can believe in to being miserable and hating our government...

anyways, just thought id share so if ya notice my lack of presence...thats why

(btw, anyone in need of an engineer for the low voltage systems? ive got almost 17 years experience!!! lol)

that sucks man. life is a biznitch right now. ive realy been thinking of leaving the country for canada or mexico if it get worst. i just hope it gets better cause theres no jobs anywhere, and theres factorys everywhere closing down, hell we just had one in the next town over that laid off over 400 people.

that sucks man. life is a biznitch right now. ive realy been thinking of leaving the country for canada or mexico if it get worst. i just hope it gets better cause theres no jobs anywhere, and theres factorys everywhere closing down, hell we just had one in the next town over that laid off over 400 people.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter where you go, we are in a global recession. :help:

And Ken I hope the best for you and your family.

Ken:

Well look at it another way, at least you still have a job. Think about how bad it have have been if you would have lost your job completely.

Take a look at what you have going out every month and see what you can cut back on, cable, newspaper, eating out.

Maybe you should think about detailing cars on the side to for some extra bucks. :pc:

Hope things work out.

Later,

Sorry to hear that Ken :mad:

I hope that it turns around for you !!!!

We have layoff's coming in two weeks, everyone is nervous right now. If I was forced with the same options I'd have to make the same choice you did and take the pay cut too :mad:

Less money coming in is better than no money.

Sorry to hear that Ken :mad:

I hope that it turns around for you !!!!

We have layoff's coming in two weeks, everyone is nervous right now. If I was forced with the same options I'd have to make the same choice you did and take the pay cut too :mad:

Less money coming in is better than no money.

I was going to say the same thing. It sucks, but hang in there -- things will eventually get better. Look for things to cut back on (cable, dining out, movies, etc) and take advantage of the wonderful things you DO have... your wife and kids. Work hard to maintain your value to your company and it should pay off down the road. And also look for other opportunities... I firmly believe that anyone who can present themselves well and work hard can find a job in almost any economy. Detail cars, freelance, consult, even do handyman type stuff if you are so inclined. It may be outside of your field but you need to be flexible.

And tell us more about the low-voltage engineering work you do... maybe someone will see it here and happen to have a lead or referral for you. :cheers:

Rich

Sorry to hear that Ken, that's a drag! :mad: Like the others here are saying, it certainly could be worse. I've got good friends that have lost their companies, jobs, houses, etc.

We are re-inventing our little business now too, as shows last year had much lower attendance, and people think hard before spending their now harder to come by $$.

I constantly remind myself: "This Too Shall Pass." Our fathers and grandfathers who tell stories of the Great Depression made it through, and while money will not be parked in the bank, or even deposited as much, something tells me we are not about to starve or go homeless.

Heck, I always say, "I was looking for something to do when this business presented itself!" I'm certainly an optimist, and always have been. It's helpful to look at the bright side, as a positive attitude is contagious, and always seemed to pull me out of any financial slump I've been in.

Trust me, I've been in plenty!:willy:

I was a steelworker for 35 years and in all those years, I was laid off dozens of times. In 1980 I was laid off and it lasted 4 years. I too had a wife and two kids, a house, etc. I was able to collect unemployment and TRA, and then I worked cleaning offices and bathrooms to make ends meet. I did what I had to do. In 1989 our union went out on strike and in order to go back to work we all took a pay cut equivalent to what you are now being asked to do. Money that union workers fought to get in years past was gone for us. Vacation was gone. Sub money was gone. Job security was gone. And we had to take another cut in the 90's. So I understand how hard it is, but you do what you have to. If you have to get a second job, or if your wife has to get a job........well, unfortunately in todays economy there are many who have to do just that. You'll be okay. It sucks I know. But you'll look back years from now and know you made it through. Good luck Ken. Hang in there. :2thumbs:

Sorry to hear that Ken, that's a drag! :mad: Like the others here are saying, it certainly could be worse. I've got good friends that have lost their companies, jobs, houses, etc.

We are re-inventing our little business now too, as shows last year had much lower attendance, and people think hard before spending their now harder to come by $$.

I constantly remind myself: "This Too Shall Pass." Our fathers and grandfathers who tell stories of the Great Depression made it through, and while money will not be parked in the bank, or even deposited as much, something tells me we are not about to starve or go homeless.

Heck, I always say, "I was looking for something to do when this business presented itself!" I'm certainly an optimist, and always have been. It's helpful to look at the bright side, as a positive attitude is contagious, and always seemed to pull me out of any financial slump I've been in.

Trust me, I've been in plenty!:willy:

:iagree::iagree: things will get better..eventually....trust me on this one:2thumbs:you havet to go through the bad times to get to the good ones!just do what you can,god always has a plan for everybody!:2thumbs:

im already starting to offer detailing services on the side for extra money lol. i know its tough to break into and there are some excellent detailers out here already. but hell, even if i just detail my friends and familys car with adams products for a few extra bucks, itll help!!

im already starting to offer detailing services on the side for extra money lol. i know its tough to break into and there are some excellent detailers out here already. but hell, even if i just detail my friends and familys car with adams products for a few extra bucks, itll help!!

Right on Ken! I believe we have a detailer referral thread here on the forum. Be sure to list your services here as well! Please let me know how we can help, and we'll do whatever we can! :rockon:

Ken,

I unfortunately know what you are feeling and the anxiety running through your mind. I was laid off two months ago and had no idea what and how to provide for my family. I have over 24 yrs experience in high end retail sales. Now is a time to put your faith to the test, everything happens for a reason. I stay focused on my job search and do not get down on family. I have been patient and now have two very good job opportunities that may pay close too the same or better than previous job of 7 years. I have been very humbled in my job searches and offers.

Not to preach but hang in there and good things will happen..

Feed your family and put a roof over their head.

Gary (The guy from Surprise AZ)

Hey Ken,

Keep your head up and stay positive. Remember that you set the tone for the family, if you're upbeat then hopefully that will rub off on everyone. If you fall down, make sure you fall on your back because if you can look up, then you can get up. I'll say some prayers for you and your family.

http://www.bangastang.com

Your source for '05-'09 Mustang Accessories

We're seeing it here now. We are always the last to fall and the last to come back. My G/F is a manager at the N.Y.& CO. in one of the local malls (womens store) and she is closing her doors on Saturday. They are closing a lot of stores all over the country right now.

She's looking to pull unemployment and go back to school. IA will give you full unemployment if you take 12 credit hours per semester. We have to sell her house and a few other things so that she can live with me and make ends meet.

It's a tough economy but it'll come back.

Chris

Hey Ken, i feel ya completely.. move out here and we'll start a business.. i have all the electricians, and you can do the estimating for us, and hey.. i'll run the office for you ;)

but yea, at least you still have a job, unlike me (soon) anyone need an office mgr??? i am blonde, but i know my stuff ;)

Good luck with the side detailing job :xfingers::cheers:

I live in northern indiana,rv country. The rv furniture company the wife and I worked for 30 years went out of business. Unemployment is very high in the area.Lucky for us we paid off the home and cars and dont owe anyone now. Kids all grown and moved out years ago. So we hope for better things someday soon too. Hang in there guys its got to get better but I dont know how soon. Ready for spring so I can go cruise in my corvette.

Tough to find "recession proof" companies to work for right now. I think I'm in decent shape as I work for a big energy company and there's of course still a demand for energy, and my wife is in the day care business which most of the kids are the kids of school teachers, so we'll see... but best of luck to you in your future endeavors!