Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick help!

dave 316

Question

Ok, did a strip wash ( dawn and all purpose in foam gun, and same mix in 2 bucket) after drying did an IPA to be sure. Question is this. I'm all taped off and hitting the flex with FM polish. Then i'm going to IPA again before the machine super sealant. I understand that the MSS needs to bond directly to the paint , hence the IPA. Now, some people do two coats of MSS but what i don't follow is will the mss bond to itself on the second coat? is this recommended? im going to follow MSS with glaze, then top coat with americana. is this a good approach?

15 answers to this question

Ok, did a strip wash ( dawn and all purpose in foam gun, and same mix in 2 bucket) after drying did an IPA to be sure. Question is this. I'm all taped off and hitting the flex with FM polish. Then i'm going to IPA again before the machine super sealant. I understand that the MSS needs to bond directly to the paint , hence the IPA. Now, some people do two coats of MSS but what i don't follow is will the mss bond to itself on the second coat? is this recommended? im going to follow MSS with glaze, then top coat with americana. is this a good approach?

I always just go with one coat of MSS, wait a day or so then go with BG & Americana. Or now it will be Patriot Wax for me.:drool:

BTW, You have a NICE car!!:burnout:

i guess the question remains, that the sealant bonds best to bare paint, meaning an ipa wipedown after polish. that being said, after the 12 hour cure, does the second coat of sealant bond as well as the first considering it isnt bare paint anymore? this is a process i may want to add to the daily driver F150

Honestly if you put a second coat of sealant you're probably just wasting it. Remember the amount you're putting onto the paint is in microns. And the sealant will only build up to a certain level. I read from a director of another company's product line that at two coats you're getting the maximum bang for your buck, three coats is hardly any difference, and four coats is actually counter intuitive because the amount of stuff on your car actually decreases.

Stick with one coat of sealant, one coat of glaze, and one coat of wax... in my opinion of course :)

Looks good though. I too have a garage queen (2011 SS) and I agree with straight BG to Americana. I also understand your love for the car, which drives the desire for max protection. One coat of MSS and BG to two coats Americana would be time well spent. BTW, is that your kid chillin in the back seat!? :D