Customer Service 866.965.0400

No sealant?

Blowzilla

Question

Hello,

I just started using my Flex, (Green pad, Orange, white). This was of course after clay bar. I did rear trunk and roof, what a pain to do that roof!

I was super careful not to burn the clear coat. It took away 70% of swirls and gunk. This caused me not to do a GREAT job more like a "NOT BAD" job.

Now that I have a LITTLE experience I feel comfortable enough to do the complete car.

Is it ok if I re do the panels I already did? (Been less than 5 days)

Also, I did not buy any Sealant, I am waiting on some Brilliant Glaze and Americana, then off I go for a COMPLETE detail.

Am I in trouble if I do not use sealant, after polishing (green, orange, white)?!is this a MUST?

Thanks all for reading.

7 answers to this question

You should be fine to redo the panels. A wash or Waterless Car Wash wipe down should do fine (depends on how dirty it got).

As for 'no protection', if you are waiting to order the Americana I would suggest picking up something from the local auto parts until you order them. If you are just waiting for them to arrive, then a couple of days with 'naked' (but very shiny!) paint should be ok.

It is fine to go over those panels again. You never need sealant as wax will also protect, its just that many of us here like to put a sealant down also as it does last longer than wax.

Ok. Great. I will stick with no sealant. Since the Americana will protect, as you all state.

Thanks for the replies, Gentlemen. Much appreciated.

I am now craving a good polishing session with my beloved flex. Nothing like the smell of detail spray early in the AM!!

Thumbs up to Adams Polishes for such great Products.

Edited by Blowzilla