Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tingling vibration when using PC?

rimz808

Question

Just wanted to see if anyone else experience some very tingling feeling in your hand after using the PC for a while on settings 5-6? Everytime i use it, i always get a really bad tingling feeling on my the hand using the handle attachment to the point that i try not to machine polish if i dont need to because of discomfort.

Am i doing anything wrong? Not applying enough pressure/applying too much pressure? I read that the counterweight might have something to do with it? If tha't the case, when i saw what weight was on it, it said Use only with 5" pads. I believe the pads that i have are 6.5.

Just wondering if other are experiencing this feeling when using it.

Mahalo for your inputs,

Ryan

17 answers to this question

The tingle means it's working..... Seriously, as Gary noted that is normal. I would recommend removing the handle and just putting a bolt in it's place. The use of the handle can cause you to apply a rotational force that will put the face of the pad more on an edge potentially wearing out the pad prematurely.

The PC does have some vibration to it, keep in mind its moving in an off axis orbit so there will be some translation of that back thru your hands/arms.

Part of what you pay for with the flex is less of that... its more comfortable to work with.

That being said, a set of padded palm gloves help a ton, and honestly... after a few times you kind of get used to it. I can't even begin to count how many hours I've logged with a PC over the years. My arms haven't fallen off yet :)

Just wanted to see if anyone else experience some very tingling feeling in your hand after using the PC for a while on settings 5-6? Everytime i use it, i always get a really bad tingling feeling on my the hand using the handle attachment to the point that i try not to machine polish if i dont need to because of discomfort.

Am i doing anything wrong? Not applying enough pressure/applying too much pressure? I read that the counterweight might have something to do with it? If tha't the case, when i saw what weight was on it, it said Use only with 5" pads. I believe the pads that i have are 6.5.

Just wondering if other are experiencing this feeling when using it.

Mahalo for your inputs,

Ryan

The PC, Griot's Garage, and the Megs Dual Action Buffers all do this. They vibrate... a lot! As someone noted, it's best to take off the handle and put a bolt and just use your hand on the head of the machine.

The smoothest machines are the Flex, Rupes, and Cyclo.

Thanks all for your replies. I guess i will try it w/o the handle next time I use it, and maybe do smaller sections at a time to give my hand a rest.

If i knew the Flex didnt have this problem.. would have gotten that.

Appreciate it

I got that too with the PC but not with the Flex. The vibration of the PC used to cause raw skin between my thumb and pointer finger also.

No problems with the Flex. I do occasionally touch a piece of metal above the pad however that gets pretty hot. But I'd rather have that quick burn feeling vs the raw hand sting for a week.

There is definitely some difference without the handle on the PC.

I used the handle once and took it off.

Since I started to use the Flex there has not been any issues and my carpal tunnel doesn't act up as much.