Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing an off road truck

FRF Wilson

Question

7 answers to this question

It's hard enough keeping your ride nice just with regular street use, so you know the deck is stacked against you with offroad use.:willy:

There's not really anything you can do to prevent scratches short of covering your truck in a vinyl wrap. Your best bet is to just be extra vigilant about keeping it clean, since you mention that it was scratched from being touched while dirty. The good news is that Quick or Machine sealant along with a coat of wax will make your vehicle easier to clean (I've always felt a properly maintained finish was easier to keep up with). Liberal use of Waterless Wash should also help you stay on top of things.

A good reliable pressure washer, and foam cannon!

3 bucket wash instead of 2.

3 wash pads instead of 2 (top, middle, bottom)

Several GW drying towels.

Lots of Car Shampoo, APC and GWC.

QS applied quarterly to protect the paint.

So far the Adams bucket is awesome I've never used a wash bucket before I was rescued by the way thanks' Nick. I'm here to learn thanks' for the advice so far. Country living is harder to keep trucks clean but that much more rewarding.

Most importantly you need to invest in a powerwasher to blow the heavy grit off. I've had Superduty's that get used day in and day out doing construction, going skiing, snowmobiling, etc and I've found you have to use something to blow the big stuff off before you even start cleaning to avoid hurting the paint.

Some good advise in here already. I would agree and say that a REALLY good rinse is key. Also, inspect your wash buckets half way through the wash and if the water is really getting dirty then I'd say dump them and get fresh clean water/shampoo for the 2nd half of the wash.

Lets seem some filthy pics of the truck you are talking about!

Edited by Numbr3t