Customer Service 866.965.0400

MSS cure time/Last step product

IrishCurse

Question

I am washing, polishing, and detailing my fiancées 2012 Jeep Liberty this weekend. I'll post a new thread with pics cataloging the detail in the appropriate thread once complete. :banana:

I plan to use Quick Sealant after my polishing process to add hard protection and I'm hoping this will allow me to avoid the cure time of MSS. Once cured, I'd like to apply brilliant glaze and Americana. My question is, how long must I wait for cure. I know it cures almost as fast as you use it, but will I need to wait an extended period before moving to final steps? I do not think I need to, but affirmations from you fine detailers helps settle nerves, and bolsters self-confidence! Lol... But seriously, I like to hear it from these fans because we know the products best, and have wealth of practical application experience to help make people better. Hit me up with your knowledge! :lancer:

11 answers to this question

Sorry, I was off for abit. Yeah, you can fog the surface or spray the applicator and spread it. You will be able to see everywhere you've applied it once you sread it around with the applicator. It will kind of appear greasy, you let it set a minute or two and remove. I was doing it outside so I didn't do too many panels at once before buffing off.

I used it on my daily driver and it was beading good for 4-5 months.

I usually spray the applicator and apply it on the entire vehicle. I then come back around to remove and level any excess there might be. After that I usually layer. To be on the safe side I would probably wait 30 minutes to layer but sometimes we just don't have time.

I always wait 30 minutes after wiping it off, then apply a second coat. Wait 30 minutes after wiping off second coat before glazing or waxing. I haven't used my MSS, but as long as this Quick Sealant lasts the SS must be almost permanent.

MSS really lasts. My DD lives outside in a tough marine environment (ocean fog, ocean air, baking SoCal sun) and I regularly get 5+ months. I am usually stripping it off while it's still beading for a polishing session. The stuff is nuts. The QS lasts a long time too, really good on wheels, wheel covers, anything... beads for months and months. I used one of the prototypes on a quarter panel and it lasted really long.

When you use the QS, spray it in a well ventilated area and just use a fine mist -