Customer Service 866.965.0400

How would you remove factory decals?

eleven357

Question

11 answers to this question

heatgun and 10pound test line...works AWESOME in my experience. the fishing line wont scratch the paint since its is cylindrical(now hard edges) and the heat gun/blow dryer will soften the adhesion good enough to pull it off safely

heatgun and 10pound test line...works AWESOME in my experience. the fishing line wont scratch the paint since its is cylindrical(now hard edges) and the heat gun/blow dryer will soften the adhesion good enough to pull it off safely

Thank you very much for the help!:bow:

dont forget about the pins that some of the decals will have. but even those f ya dont care ya can saw through with the fishing line. that or work around them until the adhesion is basically gone then pop it out

I used a hair drier and 25 pound test but it was on clearance at the store so I thought what the hell... It worked great.

I then used 3M adhesive remover. If you haven't tried it, you need to. It works AWESOME! WAY faster than WD40 or other removers.

You can get it at auto paint supply stores or the internet.

Chris

I used a hair drier and 25 pound test but it was on clearance at the store so I thought what the hell... It worked great.

I then used 3M adhesive remover. If you haven't tried it, you need to. It works AWESOME! WAY faster than WD40 or other removers.

You can get it at auto paint supply stores or the internet.

Chris

:iagree::thumbsup:

Mine are just stickers.... So, where can we get this huge eraser? haven't seen/use this before.

You may find one in a regular auto part store, but most likely will need to find a PBE (paint, body, and equipment) store in your area. These stores carry professional auto body supplies, and should have these take-off wheels.