Customer Service 866.965.0400

DWC used on a white Fiat 500

DaveVY

While my car is in the shop I got a little white Fiat 500 as a rental, less than 2k on the odometer. It needed some TLC, I intended to just give it a quick wash but I ended up doing a little more than that! :o

The car, although small, took an inordinate amount of time to get reasonably clean. It really needs to be clayed but it is a rental so I wasn't going to go that far. The white color makes the iron deposits on the car visible, decided to try out the DWC as others here on the forum have shown.

This pic shows the back of the car, with DWC having been just applied to the right side.

Fiat5000_zpse6d77ec2.jpg

Around a minute later

Fiat5003_zps6caa30ca.jpg

After agitation and rinsing, from this distance you can't tell the difference

Fiat5004_zps906a01b3.jpg

Here is a closeup of the left side (no DWC), notice the dirt and iron deposits

Fiat5005_zps657e126a.jpg

And a closeup of the right side (had DWC), notice the grit and iron deposits are gone.

Fiat5006_zpsf5202d78.jpg

The results were pretty dramatic, still could use a clay bar but the embedded contaminants in the paint were dramatically reduced by the use of DWC! :2thumbs:

Looks like it works pretty good for paint decon. I can't blame you for cleaning up the rental. I had one last year when my Taurus was in for some body work and if it hadn't been the rainy season I would have cleaned it up the same, I hate driving a dirty car.

Nice Job. That's my main reason for owning 2 gallons of DWC! I wouldn't waste it on a crap rental Fiat tho lol.

Looks like it works pretty good for paint decon. I can't blame you for cleaning up the rental. I had one last year when my Taurus was in for some body work and if it hadn't been the rainy season I would have cleaned it up the same, I hate driving a dirty car.

I don't like driving dirty cars, rental or owned by me. Besides cleaning the car isn't work, it is my therapy time and just because my car was in the shop doesn't mean that I should suffer and not have time to "unwind". :lolsmack:

I didn't use DWC over the entire car, just half of the back hatch and of course all 4 wheels. :o The rental is going back MUCH cleaner than it was when I picked it up.

Of course I will have more intense "therapy time" once I get MY car back from the body shop, I expect there will be swirls and holograms galore to eradicate! :cheers:

I fully plan to use this on my G8... Heck, this is the main reason I bought it. White CC RAM 1500... I'm not killing myself claying it all off. :)

Did you just spray right on the car or use a cannon or anything special?

I sprayed it right on the car, waited a couple minutes for the purple magic to happen, then agitated it. Sprayed a couple spots with DWC that were a little dry and let it sit for a couple more minutes to see if there were any spots where the purple magic was still needing more time. Agitated and then rinsed. :thumbsup:

I fully plan to use this on my G8... Heck, this is the main reason I bought it. White CC RAM 1500... I'm not killing myself claying it all off. :)

It worked great on this white paint! After seeing what it took off I can now understand why someone would want to use this before claying ad it will reduce the amount of time needed working the clay and will reduce the amount of contaminants that the clay will have to deal with, thus prolonging the life of the clay and reducing the amount of marring the clay will cause.

About all I'd do with that car is power slide it around corners.

Edit: If it could be done.

it sort of is capable of it, took my sisters for a spin when my FR-S was in the shop. It's a fun little go cart!

it sort of is capable of it, took my sisters for a spin when my FR-S was in the shop. It's a fun little go cart!

It is fun, like a go-cart! It's turning radius is ridiculously small, I can turn it around in the driveway (3 pt turn) and believe I could do that in the 2 car garage too! For around town running errands it is pretty fun, though a different type of fun than the Vette!! :2thumbs:

It is very possible to do that in the garage too! neat little car IMO. A seriously different kind of fun than what American muscle can offer! If only someone LS swapped a 500! :lolsmack:

what did you use to agitate the DWC when u put it on the car?

I gently agitated with a light touch using an Adams boars hair brush (lug nut brush). It worked well, especially in some of the small grooves along the bumper line. Theoretically it can produce some mild swirling but then using a clay bar after this DWC process can cause swirling too. Just realize that if you use a boars hair brush that you may need to do some mild correction. :cheers: