Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick sealant back in stock?

SwagKilla

Question

10 answers to this question

I am too brotha. I have three cans, but am in love with this stuff. I use it every detail on stuff like headlights, tail lights, wheels, glass, grill, name it. Makes cleaning easier, shines bright. Easier to apply than MSS, and faster cure. I know it's not as durable, but you add a LSP over it too so I personally don't care. Mainly the post-12 hour MSS wipe down is what kills MSS for me. My SS is in the garage. In order to thoroughly and safely apply MSS to my truck, Id have to store the SS outside over night. Sorry, no can do, lol. QS is right up my alley and performs admirably!

Mainly the post-12 hour MSS wipe down is what kills MSS for me. My SS is in the garage. In order to thoroughly and safely apply MSS to my truck, Id have to store the SS outside over night. Sorry, no can do, lol.

I don't think the wipe down necessarily needs to be done 12 hours later, just as long as it's done before another layer of wax or sealant is applied. All that you're wiping off is outgassing residue, so if you wanted to use MSS on the truck, you can leave it outside (and the SS inside) without a problem. Just drive the truck around until it's time to wash it again, then you can put a coat of Americana or whatever else on top.

. Mainly the post-12 hour MSS wipe down is what kills MSS for me. My SS is in the garage. In order to thoroughly and safely apply MSS to my truck, Id have to store the SS outside over night. Sorry, no can do, lol. 

I don't think the wipe down necessarily needs to be done 12 hours later, just as long as it's done before another layer of wax or sealant is applied. All that you're wiping off is outgassing residue, so if you wanted to use MSS on the truck, you can leave it outside (and the SS inside) without a problem. Just drive the truck around until it's time to wash it again, then you can put a coat of Americana or whatever else on top.

That is what I do too Gerry.  Apply MSS to the wife's car, then when I wash it the next weekend it gets BG & Americana.

Its just not feasible if you want to use on a customers car. 

Its just not feasible if you want to use on a customers car.

In that case then yes the QS would be the option to go with, unless they do not want another coat of wax on top, then it wouldn't matter. Besides he is talking about his own vehicle if I am not mistaken.

Yes, plus, I'm not going to let it cure in NM elements with sand constantly in the air, etc.  The potential for a second haze removal after the cure time concerns me.  I'm not going to wake up after removal, go outside after sand has settled on the finish, wash, and remove sealant haze.  I'd leave it in the garage, which sand gets in there somehow down here too, but my SS is not sitting outside, and neither is the Heritage.  The job compounds and the work increases exponentially.  It is much more efficient, easy, and almost as protective to apply QS. I see applying MS as diminishing return on investment for me personally and don't see myself buying more in the future, but we'll see.  I do agree it is the most durable protection available from Adams, and I agree wth the next week wash, LSP application, thats easy.  My Dodge bakes in the NM sun all day, every day, so I could see myself turn to the dark side as well.  Many of you make valid, educated arguments, and Mook's is dead on, customer's rides should be getting QS all day unless the declined that level of protection.