Customer Service 866.965.0400

Please Read: WELCOME TO THE NEW ADAM'S FORUMS!

Guest admin

Because from an SEO/business standpoint full product names aid in product searches on google/bing vs. abbreviations. Better searchable content allows customers to find us and find information easier. 

Fair enough.  You can't please everyone all the time and I'm probably the minority that doesn't like that feature anyways.

I'm still having problems with the "View New Content" feature.  I just used it this morning and it worked great.  I read a couple of threads and then went back to it and there was nothing there!  It blasted all of the new threads!

I have it set to "Forums" and "Content I have not read".

It's strange because it was working fine since the new system cam on-line but it's been acting up the last few days...

Edit:  FYI - I can see all the new posts if I switch from "Content I have not read" to "New since my last visit" but that also shows posts I've already read......

Edited by Beemer

I'm still having problems with the "View New Content" feature.  I just used it this morning and it worked great.  I read a couple of threads and then went back to it and there was nothing there!  It blasted all of the new threads!

I have it set to "Forums" and "Content I have not read".

It's strange because it was working fine since the new system cam on-line but it's been acting up the last few days...

Edit:  FYI - I can see all the new posts if I switch from "Content I have not read" to "New since my last visit" but that also shows posts I've already read......

That is the same setting I use.  I hit "View New Content"  after reading a few threads, and it only shows the remaining unread threads. 

I feel dumb for having to ask this question, tried to search but the search results seemed useless... How do I find/use the emoticons in a reply? I cannot find anything. I typically use Safari on an iPad in full site mode.

Been trying to be positive and stay open minded about the new forum site change, with the exception of the overall look and feel (which is nice and ties with the adams polishes website better) I really dislike the functional part of the user interface. For the past month I have been forcing myself to try to continue reading but find that I spend much less time here now. It just isn't as intuitive as the past site.

Edited by DaveVY

I feel dumb for having to ask this question, tried to search but the search results seemed useless... How do I find/use the emoticons in a reply? I cannot find anything. I typically use Safari on an iPad in full site mode.

When replying, the tool bar above the text box has a little smiley face. Click that and a bar will appear at the bottom that shows all the emoticons. Which you can click to add. 

Also, if you use a few common ones its easier to just input them manually. 

For example a colon : followed by a capital D gives you :D 

colon cheers colon gives you :cheers:

colon jester colon gives you :jester: 

etc. 

It will be. 

The rough concept will be access to pre-release info for new products, chances to be part of beta testing, and VIP specials on products. Access will be granted based on purchase history/dollars spent. 

Stay tuned... lots of things to work into it, but thats our next little project. 

Dylan,

Does this take into consideration what someone purchases at a dealer (aka Thompson Racing) or the other events completed?  I lay a lot of cash every so often at Eric's (as does Matt).

I suspect a lot of people do like I do and buy a LOT when I am at an event so that I can just put them in my ride which saves money on shipping.  Personally I hate ordering anything that is mailed because that means I have to take off time from work to go to my landlord and pick up the package....or rush home before they close.  So for this reason I order from Eric.  I usually do the one off ordering via web page on birthdays or if I order for someone else and get it shipped to them.

I suspect that will be difficult as you know what....to figure out orders from dealers and shows but thought I'd ask!  :P

Dylan,

Does this take into consideration what someone purchases at a dealer (aka Thompson Racing) or the other events completed?  I lay a lot of cash every so often at Eric's (as does Matt).

I suspect a lot of people do like I do and buy a LOT when I am at an event so that I can just put them in my ride which saves money on shipping.  Personally I hate ordering anything that is mailed because that means I have to take off time from work to go to my landlord and pick up the package....or rush home before they close.  So for this reason I order from Eric.  I usually do the one off ordering via web page on birthdays or if I order for someone else and get it shipped to them.

I suspect that will be difficult as you know what....to figure out orders from dealers and shows but thought I'd ask!  :P

Buy a house!  ;) 

any way to get the notifications to merge as one? 

I love having it, but right now it seems to add a notification for every reply.  Would be perfect if it added one and didn't add another until I clicked it..  kind of how it works on facebook..

any way to get the notifications to merge as one? 

I love having it, but right now it seems to add a notification for every reply.  Would be perfect if it added one and didn't add another until I clicked it..  kind of how it works on facebook..

At the top when you click "FOLLOW THIS TOPIC" you have a series of notification options, one of which is daily where you'll get one notice a day. 

post-1228-0-55548500-1371654835_thumb.jpg

At the top when you click "FOLLOW THIS TOPIC" you have a series of notification options, one of which is daily where you'll get one notice a day. 

attachicon.gifscreenshot.jpg

I put it to 'Only when I'm not online' and it gives one for each individual response. 

post-1735-0-27489700-1371669183_thumb.jpeg