Customer Service 866.965.0400

Please Read: WELCOME TO THE NEW ADAM'S FORUMS!

Guest admin

Invision's rationale was that if everyone had a different amount of posts per page, then giving someone a link to a specific post wouldn't work, because my page 8 would be your page 2, for example.

And as a result we now have to go through twice as many pages to read a thread...  Oh well, I'm sure there are some that like this new setup.  In time I suppose I'll get used to it.

The 'Search' feature on this new software is quite anemic.  The old software allowed for an advanced search where you could set additoinal filters.  It made it simpler to find a 'debadge' post by 'Dylan@Adams'.  The current search feature works fine in the onine store, but not for searching a large forum. 

Someone else also stated this. I can't sign in with Firefox at all. Had to use Internet Explorer. Can someone look at fixing this please.

I think when you change it to any of the listed options they "stick" so you don't have to change it every time.

No, that is not the case. Every time I go from my username it goes to new members content.

Just finished with a bunch of fixes, still looking for user feedback. Below are the changes that directly affect users:

Founding Members can now:

• See the "New Member Check-In" board
  • Create albums
  • View the list of users online
  • Rate topics
  • Edit their own profile information
  • See latest post info in forum- and topic-view

Members are no longer limited to just 500KB of global upload space. 

Added product acronyms for almost all of the bottled products, for example: DS, GC, WW, IOS, etc. will now spell out the whole product name.

"View New Content" will now display new posts made since your last visit, rather than ALL of the unread posts on the forum. This way you can see what is actually new, rather than a bunch of old posts that you wouldn't necessarily care about.

For people looking for a feature similar to "User CP" from the old forum, clicking on "View New Content" and then selecting the appropriate options under "Other" will give you what you are looking for. "Just Items I Follow" will be topics you've subscribed to; "Items I've Participated In" will be topics you've replied to; and "Items I've Started" will be topics you've created yourself. It takes an extra click or two but this helps filter some subscriptions if you have many active ones.

Like I said, still looking for user feedback. The search engine will be the next thing I look at, but for now keep the suggestions/bug reports coming and I will do my best to help everyone become accustomed to the new software.

It just won't do anything.  I browse for the file on my local drive and select it but nothing goes into the picture box.

Did you upload a picture or just link to one already on the web?

Uploaded from my computer. Click Choose File, select a file, it works for a few seconds then it shows up in the box. It should work as long as the photo isn't larger than 500kb.

Yeah - it's not rocket science..... 

I go to my profile.

Press "EDIT MY PROFILE"

Press "Change my photo"

Press "Browse" and select my small JPG (200x200)

Nothing.  Not working.  Nothing happens.  "Done" button does nothing.  Picture doesn't change.  Nothing.

I'll try it on another PC tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the help.

It might be the browser not allowing the script to work properly. If you still can't get it to work on a different computer, you can email me the image you want to use and I will manually change it for you :)

I believe there is a known issue with iOS that IPB are going to take care of.

Also I've added back all the custom smilies from the old forum. Click the :) when making a post and a horizontally scrolling list of them will appear at the bottom of your post window. Easier to navigate than the old style which popped up in a separate window. :burnout:

It's a notification. There are a few things that I cannot click on as well, but it will take more than just changing a setting to fix. Something with the custom-made skin for the forum (I didn't make it) is conflicting with the Javascript that makes some of the fancy bits work (I confirmed they work in the default skin) so it will take some time for me to figure out a. what is causing it and b. how to fix it.

So far I like the new Layout/Forum one question though I sit late at night viewing adamsforums and the white and silver is very bright and wondering is there anything we can change personally? I see a change theme on the bottom of the forum but when I click it all it does is take me to the top of the page. I realize there may still be some bugs n such to work out so I am just asking as I am sure I am not the only one with this question on their mind.

For people looking for a feature similar to "User CP" from the old forum, clicking on "View New Content" and then selecting the appropriate options under "Other" will give you what you are looking for. "Just Items I Follow" will be topics you've subscribed to; "Items I've Participated In" will be topics you've replied to; and "Items I've Started" will be topics you've created yourself. It takes an extra click or two but this helps filter some subscriptions if you have many active ones.

This helped a bunch, thanks.  I now just click on the "follow" and "instant notification" and it seems to work.

Sorry not a fan at all.

1st ..whatever was changed ..now my firewall at work is blocking the site and unfortunately my home computer is also now blocking it because I work at home sometimes and the firewall is the same.  So it looks like I will not be able to participate anymore with the forum. Im using a coworkers laptop now. As for my smart phone.. no go. Wifi is blocked at work because all the idiots abusing Facebook at work plus I cannot stand using my cell to rome forums.

Noticed spell check no longer works with the new layout.

I no longer receive emails form the forum about who replied to the thread etc. Yeah I did make sure everything was checked off accordingly ..But still nothing.

I can not view my messages at all .. try and click on it but nothing.

Another thing ..the white and silver theme does not work.. it looks like a no frills type of site now. Its lacking personaility IMO.

Went to go change the themes and nothing works.

What happened when you click on your name you can see how many people visted.. Likes given and received etc etc etc? (Im guesing it was all wiped out with the new updated software)

I also cannot even look at the pics I had added to my profile or add new pics ..what happed to all the pics I had in my gallery ..??

All the posts that I participated on are no longer there.

Im not trying to be a jerk or insult anyone or the website. Im just explaining why I do not like it and what I have been experiencing so far. I feel its lacking quite a bit compared to other forums I belong to. Its no longer user friendly.

Its a shame because I really enjoyed this forum  ..the people are kind and the threads are great. I have learned a lot from the people of Adams and their members.

I will visit once in a while to see if the site has improved. Well ..I wish you guys the best on the new site take care!