Customer Service 866.965.0400

Always clay before wax?

ericR

Question

I clayed and waxed my car around 2 weeks ago, it was my first time but i was quite happy with the results! but now i would like to apply a second layer of wax for protection, is it to late to do that now, do i need to reclay my car and apply two coats without taking out my car in between?

I've tried to search the forum but the search function doesnt seem to work 100% :)

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

No need to clay every time. Test the surface of the vehicle by placing your hand in a plastic sandwich bag, run it across the finish to feel for contaminants. If it's only been a couple/few weeks throw on your second coat with no worries.

clay only when you have to. To figure out if you need to clay, use the baggie test. Take a sandwich bag, put your hand in it, and lightly run over the surace of your car. If you feel bumpy paint, it needs to be clayed.

Claying after 2 weeks is most likely not necessary, if claying the first time around was done properly :)

OK,  so once I am done with the truck.... complete detail. wash ,clay,polish, glaze ,seal, Americana..... I don't drive a ton...( only  3000 miles since January  and a bunch of that was to lift shops, dealer etc)

Game plan is to detail spray for touch ups,   Next full wash, dry and keep Americana fresh.....  Is this correct thinking????

should I be re-glazing, sealing and waxing   at the full washes????  over the   glaze seal Americana on there already?

You do not need to re-seal or re-wax after a wash. Adam's Car Wash Shampoo is pH neutral and will not strip your protective coatings. Also when you do the entire detail, sealant is always before glaze and wax because sealant has to go on bare paint the be the most effective.

You do not need to re-seal or re-wax after a wash. Adam's Car Wash Shampoo is pH neutral and will not strip your protective coatings. Also when you do the entire detail, sealant is always before glaze and wax because sealant has to go on bare paint the be the most effective.

I did glaze first because when I called in.... thats what they told me to do???????

I did glaze first because when I called in.... thats what they told me to do???????

I've never seen/heard anyone say this..  Seal -> glaze -> wax is all I've ever heard.