Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's FB Page

Beemer

Maybe I'm just overly nervous and paranoid but I'm not sure I want to "join" the Adam's FP page.  It tells me that they will have access to all of my FB data - including "friends" list.

Please tell me that I don't need to worry about my FB "friends" being spammed with Adam's posts....

What exactly would I be agreeing to, here?

I don't know about all that, but lower in the fine print it says if you ever post pics of your car in any condition other than spotless, or if you're using competitor's products, Adam will send Mook to seize your car. And in your case, all 2013 calendars will have May removed. :lolsmack:

I don't know about all that, but lower in the fine print it says if you ever post pics of your car in any condition other than spotless, or if you're using competitor's products, Adam will send Mook to seize your car. And in your case, all 2013 calendars will have May removed. :lolsmack:

Mooks always wanted a G8...  ;) 

Some jack in the box posted he preferred another brand on one of the polish's posts last night.  You can see my post asking if they can delete a-hole posts.  lol

Maybe I'm just overly nervous and paranoid but I'm not sure I want to "join" the Adam's FP page.  It tells me that they will have access to all of my FB data - including "friends" list.

Please tell me that I don't need to worry about my FB "friends" being spammed with Adam's posts....

What exactly would I be agreeing to, here?

Its not our page, its the app that runs contests, so basically just that tab. 

Legally, in order to run promotions, raffles, give aways, etc. FB has to capture your information. By 'access' to your friends list all it means is that your activities will be shared with your feeds. Its not like its gathering your home address, social security number, and drivers license. 

This is pretty standard stuff for any company that is running legitimate contests thru FB. You can't just run promotions anymore, FB wants to protect themselves (and its users) legally so anytime things of value will be given away in a contest format it has to get some kind of info. 

You're right - I mis-posted.  I "liked" the Adam's FB page long ago and I have no problem with that.  It was the APP that needed to be "joined" in order to enter the contests.

I guess I just don't want my FB "friends" to get a posting every time I enter a contest.  I don't think I have a single FB friend that is in the least bit interested in this stuff....  In fact - they get pretty tired of seeing my car as it is...

Thanks for the clarification.

You're right - I mis-posted.  I "liked" the Adam's FB page long ago and I have no problem with that.  It was the APP that needed to be "joined" in order to enter the contests.

I guess I just don't want my FB "friends" to get a posting every time I enter a contest.  I don't think I have a single FB friend that is in the least bit interested in this stuff....  In fact - they get pretty tired of seeing my car as it is...

Thanks for the clarification.

They can always unsubscribe from your opdates if they don't like seeing every one of our contests you enter. That's their choice what they want to see, not something you should have to worry about in my opinion.

Edited by Nick@Adams

Its not like their phone starts buzzing and an alarm goes off saying BEEMER ENTERED A CONTEST!! BEEMER ENTERED A CONTEST!!

It MIGHT show up in their news feed. 

Theres a lot of what goes on with FB that people who don't work around it everyday don't understand. There is a hierarchy of content that shows up in your feed. People you don't interact with often or don't like their posts won't always show up. Facebook is smart enough to filter out 'irrelevant' content for you...

so if your cousins friend that you met at a wedding 6 years ago is on your friends list, but you never like anything he posts and haven't messaged or tagged him recently there is a VERY reduced chance that he won't see your updates, and you won't see his. 

Theres a secondary hierarchy of content. Images (with low amounts of text) show up at a higher rate that just plain text updates. Links that take people off of facebook are deprioritized and may not show up in a feed for you. 

Theres also filters that push content that fits your 'likes' more... facebook has evolved A LOT since most of us started using it and now the content is getting ever more tailored specifically to you and your habits. Long gone are the days of EVERYONE seeing EVERYONES updates. 

Clearly you understand Facebook a lot better than I do.  Of course, so does my 10 year old.....

All I know is that the signal to noise ratio is very low and I don't want to contribute to that.

Thanks again for the clarification.