Customer Service 866.965.0400

Miss America

91corvette

What the heck is a "hoosier"? A sweeper?:lol:

Yankees:willy:

I understand that to Y'all a noozle is on the end of a hoose, but a "hoosier" is different.:thumbsup:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.............. and I be holdin' her all night.....at least 'till my wife wakes me up;);)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.............. and I be holdin' her all night.....at least 'till my wife wakes me up;);)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the link Jub, and here are the details for those who don't want to go to Wiki:

Hoosier (pronounced /ˈhuːʒɚ/) is the official demonym for a resident of the U.S. State of Indiana. Although residents of most U.S. states typically adopt a derivative of the state name, e.g., Indianan or Indianian, natives of Indiana prefer to avoid these demonyms. The State of Indiana adopted the nickname "Hoosier State" more than 150 years ago.<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1]</sup> "Hoosiers" is also the mascot for the Indiana University athletic teams and the title of an award-winning 1986 movie Hoosiers starring Gene Hackman, based on the story of the Milan High School basketball team and its road to winning the state championship. The word Hoosier is sometimes used in the names of Indiana-based businesses. In the Indiana High School Athletic Association, seven active athletic conferences and one disbanded conference have the word Hoosier in their name, the conferences names are Hoosier Athletic, Hoosier Crossroads, Hoosier Heartland, Hoosier Heritage, Hoosier Hills, Mid-Hoosier, and Northeast Hoosier with Northwest Hoosier being the disbanded conference. In other parts of the country, the word has been adapted for other uses (see Other uses).

While I'd love to see what PA has that can beat what Indiana offered up, first remember this is a family forum :cheers::grouphug:

We are Pennsylvanians. People who live in Pennsylvania. Guess they couldn't call people who live in Indiana Indians.............that's sort of been taken already. So I guess that's the best they could come up with. :lol:

Rich...I grew up in MI's Upper Peninsula...they are called Yoopers. They also call MI people Michiganders.

What am I??? :help:

A Yooper Michigander??? :willy::willy:

Sounds more like you're from MinnEsooota.:lolsmack: