Customer Service 866.965.0400

Vinyl/leather care

dcsteg

Question

I have a 2013 Corvette with Titanium Gray interior. It presents itself as flat/satin in finish  I don't know, somewhere inbetween if that makes sense.

I want to use a cleaner/conditioner that will maintain that same finish.  Some products for sale leave you with a high gloss finish.  I don't want that.

What do you reccomend?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

post-8625-0-91011200-1369515777_thumb.jpg

9 answers to this question

I have used their leather cleaner and conditioner in each of my cars with leather interiors minus one with great results. Better than any other OTC product i tried in the past. Just make sure not to over apply the conditioner. Some have also suggested wiping down the applied areas with a microfiber cloth to wipe the excess product off if it is too shiny. 

I have yet to use it in one my vehicles that has napa calf leather throughout in it. I need to do a test area before doing it all. 

Adam's Total Interior Cleaner should work perfectly for this.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-924-new-adams-total-interior-detailer.aspx

Formulated with advanced polymers the finish left behind by Adam's Total Interior Detailer is perfectly matte, never greasy, glossy, or shiny. Simply spray the clean scented formula onto the panels to be treated, or to avoid overspray directly onto an Adam's Edgeless Utility Towel, and wipe until the surface appears dry and even. It couldn't be easier to clean, protect, and maintain your interior!

I haven't tried the Total Interior Detailer yet, but I do have a 2013 Vette with the same matte interior.  On the seats, I use the leather conditioner.  If you find that you're getting streaks, it means that your fabric is soaking it up at different rates (in other words, some areas are dryer than others so they'll dull up quicker). If that happens, apply more till you get an even appearance.  I keep rubbing it in with a microfiber till I get it back to nearly matte. On the dash, I LIGHTLY spray some detail spray on the microfiber and wipe just enough to dust.  Or I use a Bounce sheet to wipe off any dust.

Now if somebody would just come out with a SUEDE cleaner!  My steering wheel is suede and it's a pain in the rear!

I too feel the TID is what you want, however, I feel weekly applications are necessary for best protection from UV or drying out. LIC will condition better and longer, but I feel this is unnecessary unless your new Vette is your DD. So as to not confuse, lol:

If Vette is DD: TID weekly or LIC monthly

If Vette is GQ: TID as necessary or LIC per preference

Sound right guys?

I've yet to find an interior cleaner that I truly love, might give Adam's Interior Cleaner a shot.

May tried a small bottle first to try it before buying the larger bottle.

If anyone has before and after pics on a dirty interior which was cleaned by this product I'd love to see it.

Kevin

I've yet to find an interior cleaner that I truly love, might give Adam's Interior Cleaner a shot.

May tried a small bottle first to try it before buying the larger bottle.

If anyone has before and after pics on a dirty interior which was cleaned by this product I'd love to see it.

Kevin

Just for you :)

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/23837-my-tid-review/