Customer Service 866.965.0400

The Kiss of Death!!!!!!!!!!

IrishCurse

Question

I have to have the dealer work on a body panel!!!!!!!!!!!!  My SS's driver side bumper bracket broke for no reason and its separated by the reflector there.  Its attached where the bumper meets the body panel, and its attached where the bumper curves around the back of the car.  Just that one spot.  You know what this means, greasy arse hands touching my sheezy scratching it all up.  Then for the crescendo, a dirty rag and some cleaner in a white bottle with black lettering to clean it up.  Great.  Looks like a waterless (depending on state of filth), clay, ISP, polish, seal, glaze, wax of bumper may be in my future.

13 answers to this question

Put a trash bag over each floor mat and towel on the seats to make sure no grease is put on them.

Everytime I go for an oil change they would get my mats and seats all dirty, no more.

I'd also tell them not to bother if they get grease on your paint, leave it for you.

Kevin

Not every shop you go to is going to have grease flying everywhere and getting on your car. There are some places that take pride in there shop and how clean it is. At my dealership our floors are cleaned every other day and is always clean and regularly maintained. Our shop is 5 years old and still looks new. I wash my hands regularly and we put floor mats down. Most of the time I'm trying not to get myself dirty from customer's cars.

Before you start assuming your paint will be damaged, just remember, there are people that care about other people's cars. I do do take pride in my work!

But seriously, do what Chris suggested and clean it before you go. If they see you are particular about the condition of the car they may be more inclined to treat it better. Also, just thinking out loud here, but maybe get some of that really wide blue painters tape and mask off the area that they will predominantly have their hands on?

Absolutely Gerry, they saw that yesterday. They inspected the paint because they questioned how it could just happen with no impact. They also noted the fact that it has 7000 miles on it and its a 2011. I said yeah, I challenge you to find a scratch. I buff it more than I drive it. They still gave me the run around for two days untill I called them and said, "give me the darn quote and I'll pay for it myself you you can figure your business on your time and reimburse me." The manager heard that and low and behold its suddenly covered under warranty and a date is set for repair. Unreal.

They still gave me the run around for two days untill I called them and said, "give me the darn quote and I'll pay for it myself you you can figure your business on your time and reimburse me." The manager heard that and low and behold its suddenly covered under warranty and a date is set for repair. Unreal.

A dealership's worst nightmare is a customer who knows what they're talking about.