Customer Service 866.965.0400

Deep Wheel Cleaner at work

Trooger

Question

I tried out the Deep Wheel Cleaner and thought you all might enjoy some pictures of it in action.  The car was in the garage all day and had just pulled it out to wash it so although it was in direct sunlight, the wheels were cool. Eventually i'll take the wheels off and completely clean the barrels but didn't have time for it today. I'm very happy with how the product worked and can't wait to really put it to the test in the next few days. I'll be using it on my gf's wheels which are covered in brake dust. Let me know if you have any questions!  

Before:

100_9935.jpg

Sprayed on:

100_9937.jpg

Agitated:

100_9938.jpg

Rinsed off:

100_9939.jpg

18 answers to this question

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. DWC is absolutely some awesome stuff. :rockon:

I'm not sure which products you have in your fleet, however the Adam's Wheel Woolies or Adam's Turbo Stick could help save you some time from removing the wheels and cleaning those barrels up really well along with the Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner.

NOTE: The Adam's warehouse is currently out of stock of the wheel woolies, however you could purchase them from one of the Adam's Dealers found here.

ADAM'S DEALERS

Edited by JBlack151

Great job -- those wheels look like new! :cheers:

Thanks! They are definitely the cleanest they've been since i've had it.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. DWC is absolutely some awesome stuff. :rockon:

I'm not sure which products you have in your fleet, however the Adam's Wheel Woolies or Adam's Turbo Stick could help save you some time from removing the wheels and cleaning those barrels up really well along with the Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner.

NOTE: The Adam's warehouse is currently out of stock of the wheel woolies, however you could purchase them from one of the Adam's Dealers found here.

ADAM'S DEALERS

I plan to add the Turbo Stick and Wheel woolies soon. So far i've got the hand polishing kit that I bought a few years ago, SVRT, All Purpose Cleaner, Detail spray, Green Wheel Cleaner, Carpet and Upholstery cleaner, Car Shampoo, Deep wheel cleaner, wash pad and other accessories like clay bar etc. Kinda been buying things at random here and there as the college student budget allows. Now I need some towels and..and..ah it never ends lol. I appreciate the links man  :cheers:

Anyone else notice the smell of the Deep Wheel Cleaner? It reminds of walking in to a hair salon when someone is getting a perm. Yes it smells like ladies getting a perm. :(

I was expecting a very strong odor when I used it. I didn't find the smell to be as strong as others have mentioned though. I'm going to be thinking of a hair salon while i'm washing my wheels from now on.  :lol:

Don't know about the product but believe it may be a type of caustic or acid with a hydrogen or sulfide base. Would say on container what the contents are or an available MSDS sheet.

Anyone have issues with runoff from DWC.  I didn't notice the runoff on my tires until after it had dried... I scrubbed most of it off with APC but some didn't come all the way off, was thinking about using some DWC to take the residue off.  Anyone else see this?

Edited by gencoupe3dot8

Also used this on the hood of my white CSV... all I can say is WOW..... no pics... was worried about it drying on paint so i rinsed/washed it off... but it looked like it had picked up tons of "spots" all over the hood...

DWC on white paint sure is a spectacle to behold, plus it makes claying after even easier since most of the heavy metal particles have diminished or dissolved.  :2thumbs:

Anyone have issues with runoff from DWC.  I didn't notice the runoff on my tires until after it had dried... I scrubbed most of it off with APC but some didn't come all the way off, was thinking about using some DWC to take the residue off.  Anyone else see this?

Did it dry on the tire? I haven't had this happen to me.

Also about the older posts: The smell shouldn't be alarming at all. There are probably 10-12 maybe more iron/metallic fighting products out there (both wheel cleaners and Decon sprays/gels) and probably at least half smell like road kill dipped in rotten eggs with rotten potatoes as a necklace. So the fact that Adam's DWC smells cough "syrupish" or apparently a perm, is a good thing.

IMO, DWC should ALWAYS be used with the wheel out of direct sunlight and NEVER on warm or hot wheels.  

It does have an odor to it when it starts working its magic.

Chris

I coated two wheels at once yesterday and on the sunny side the second wheel did dry some.   Had no problem getting it off.  I believe in a video or discussion on here somewhere, we were cautioned to do one wheel at a time to avoid the drying of the produce on the wheels. 

I'll let you know how I get on when I get a chance... I'll try APC and DWC... (in that order)... and will remember about doing one wheel at a time, I was in a bit of a rush.... wheels were cool, but were in sunlight.  Also, other decon products smell MUCH worse IMHO... The one drawback I see is I used a fair amount to decon the paint, so I will need to order a gallon refill for paint decon, and wheel cleanup...

Just to be clear, my issue was the runoff on the TIRE, not the wheel... I had liberally sprayed the wheel off and didn't notice the tire runoff until it dried....

Edited by gencoupe3dot8