Customer Service 866.965.0400

New 2-Step Paint Correction System Discussion

Team Adam's

Question

This week we released for presale our new Paint Correcting Polish, Paint Finishing Polish, and Microfiber pad system. The videos below are part of a larger series that will be released later this month with even more new products and tools.

Some basic FAQ questions that have come up so far:

Does this replace the old SSR, SHR, and FMP system?

Yes. The new 2 step system is more effective and faster.

Are you discontinuing foam pads?

No. Adam's foam pads will still be sold. The only pad being discontinued is the green pad since Severe Swirl Remover is no longer needed/offered.

Will the new polishes work with my current foam pads?

Yes. The foam pads are not changing. The same orange and white foam pads you currently use can be used with the new system.

Which is better, microfiber or foam?

There is no one size fits all answer. Different conditions call for different pads, we suggest watching the videos below and perhaps trying both systems to see what works better for you. Each system has pros and cons.

Can you use the old polish system with the new microfiber pads?

Yes. While the results may not be consistent or as effective as the new polishes, the current polishes can be used with the new system.

Will there be a 4" version of the microfiber pads?

Yes. Look for the 4" microfiber system to be released near the end of June - beginning of July.

How do I clean my Microfiber pads?

Adam's Microfiber Cutting and Microfiber Finishing pads are machine washable! Start by using the pad brush to break up any caked on polish from the fibers. If very dense polish contamination is on the pads surface spray a few squirts of Adam's Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener into the face of the pad and agitate lightly. Wash on a warm (not hot) setting separate from all other materials (including your microfiber towels).

Air dry the pads somewhere clean and with plenty of airflow. If faster drying is needed the pads can be machine dried, be sure to use no fabric softener and the lowest heat setting possible.

EDIT 7/1 - Replaced the individual videos with a single playlist link below.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

225 answers to this question

Still says not yet shipped. I just hope they get shipped today cause i NEED those polishes and pads before friday night. And what happened to the chat box on Adams site?

Click on "need product info". It'll take you straight to the chat window!

A little off topic but I've seen talk about the cyclo coming out at the end of the month.  Do you guys suggest that over the flex?  Was looking at upgrading to a flex but now I may wait and see how the cyclo goes.  From what i've read it has 2 pads and only 1 speed.  Going to keep my pc as I plan on getting some 4" pads to go w/it for the smaller areas.  

Would like to see a side by side vid of the new polishes and the Megs twins... anyone up for it? 

Use of the new MF pads is a plus for this vid as well... and if no one up for this maybe a side

by side vid with the old polishes....

Edited by gencoupe3dot8

Does anyone know about the workability of both the new correction polishes in less than perfect conditions???? For example outside on an overcast day???? The videos show it in a perfect setting indoors!

I've got to work on my wife's Subbie Impreza today, which is pretty trashed. The weather is in the low 70s partly cloudy with some humidity. I will be working on it outside and hopefully FedEx arrives with the new polishes by the time I need to start firing up the polisher.

I'll let you know how they work out.

Does anyone know about the workability of both the new correction polishes in less than perfect conditions???? For example outside on an overcast day???? The videos show it in a perfect setting indoors!

Like any polish they'll work their best on a cool panel, but if you must work outdoors the same rules as with our previous products apply - prime the pad more often, work in smaller sections, and be prepared to put a little more elbow grease into removing the residues. 

There are a million possible scenarios for how or where the products could be used, we can't possibly film every single possible thing, so of course we work indoors as we have the ability to do so. When a garage or shelter is available thats always the best option to work in no matter what product you're using. 

A little off topic but I've seen talk about the cyclo coming out at the end of the month.  Do you guys suggest that over the flex?  Was looking at upgrading to a flex but now I may wait and see how the cyclo goes.  From what i've read it has 2 pads and only 1 speed.  Going to keep my pc as I plan on getting some 4" pads to go w/it for the smaller areas.  

Apples and oranges comparison, very different machines. The cyclo is variable speed and I'd say is on par with the correcting power of the PC, maybe slightly better due to the fact it uses the same orbit, but concentrated over two 4" heads. The Flex will still give you more correcting ability given its forced rotation and higher speed of operation. 

I feel like the cyclo would be great for smaller panels, but idk if I'd want to polish an entire vehicle with it. Of course I've never used it so I have no clue how it does.

Actually, both!

If you hold the tool with the 4" heads side by side you have a much larger contact patch than any other tool. 

2 x 4" Pads = 8" plus 5/16" throw in either direction = 5/8" for a total contact area of nearly 9"

If you turn the tool sideways you get a 4" contact patch for polishing smaller areas. Despite its kind of bulky appearance, it gets into a lot of places other tools don't. 

If you hold the tool with the 4" heads side by side you have a much larger contact patch than any other tool. 

2 x 4" Pads = 8" plus 5/16" throw in either direction = 5/8" for a total contact area of nearly 9"

Not to be too much of a nerd but mathematically speaking... two round 4" diameter pads is less surface area than a single round 6" diameter pad.

Not to be too much of a nerd but mathematically speaking... two round 4" diameter pads is less surface area than a single round 6" diameter pad.

I believe Dylan is referring to the width of each pass rather than the surface area (you can cover almost nine inches wide in one direction with the Cyclo whereas with the Flex/PC it is only about eight)

Dylan thanks for answering !!!!! As usual your always there. Never polish on a hot panel and didnt think you would film in every climate possible. I guess the real question would be what temperature is the garage at when you film? Close to outside or does it have AC? In the summer some if not most garages I would think are hot but not in direct sun so is it temperature or direct sunlight / partial sun that affects the workability of the product??? I would say both but I'm no expert by any means.

Lastly does SSHR have more solids than the PCP or does PCP have more but the abrasives are smaller in size thus allowing it to have more to do more work????? Only enhanced by microfiber pad????? I know too many questions !!!!! BT I am just very curious. I guess Friday I will find out and some if not all of my questions will be answered!

***Tried the finishing polish on some headlights and tail lights today. I was very impressed! The extra work time in the polish makes it so much easier. You are able to get a nice correction without having to stop to add more polish or detail spray. The consistency of the polish also allows it to easily squeeze onto the pad. Awesome work on the new polishes guys!