Customer Service 866.965.0400

New 2-Step Paint Correction System Discussion

Team Adam's

Question

This week we released for presale our new Paint Correcting Polish, Paint Finishing Polish, and Microfiber pad system. The videos below are part of a larger series that will be released later this month with even more new products and tools.

Some basic FAQ questions that have come up so far:

Does this replace the old SSR, SHR, and FMP system?

Yes. The new 2 step system is more effective and faster.

Are you discontinuing foam pads?

No. Adam's foam pads will still be sold. The only pad being discontinued is the green pad since Severe Swirl Remover is no longer needed/offered.

Will the new polishes work with my current foam pads?

Yes. The foam pads are not changing. The same orange and white foam pads you currently use can be used with the new system.

Which is better, microfiber or foam?

There is no one size fits all answer. Different conditions call for different pads, we suggest watching the videos below and perhaps trying both systems to see what works better for you. Each system has pros and cons.

Can you use the old polish system with the new microfiber pads?

Yes. While the results may not be consistent or as effective as the new polishes, the current polishes can be used with the new system.

Will there be a 4" version of the microfiber pads?

Yes. Look for the 4" microfiber system to be released near the end of June - beginning of July.

How do I clean my Microfiber pads?

Adam's Microfiber Cutting and Microfiber Finishing pads are machine washable! Start by using the pad brush to break up any caked on polish from the fibers. If very dense polish contamination is on the pads surface spray a few squirts of Adam's Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener into the face of the pad and agitate lightly. Wash on a warm (not hot) setting separate from all other materials (including your microfiber towels).

Air dry the pads somewhere clean and with plenty of airflow. If faster drying is needed the pads can be machine dried, be sure to use no fabric softener and the lowest heat setting possible.

EDIT 7/1 - Replaced the individual videos with a single playlist link below.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

?

Did you watch the new videos? Flashing depends on too many variables to give you a concrete answer. If you're using a rotary on someones car I'd hope you know this or some damage is impending.

Use the search option Kevin. Some of these questions have been answered numerous times. If you have not gone through the clear, the old system and foam pads could take care of wet sanding marks with the right technique and time... again, if you're wetsanding, I'd want to be sure rather than go of someones word. Do a test area.

Using a rotary is all I know.

30 years at it.

Questions are about products and pads mostly.

I watched the video's but either of them had a rotary being tested with the products but it says it's for the rotary also.

I had to wet sand an entire car a few weeks back for someone, I'm very good at what I do.

Edited by MrHot88

What makes me so excited about my order is watching the video's of Dylan and Adam a couple of weeks back.

The results on the Hummer Adam was working on really did it for me being the results were amazing.

I'll first use the new stuff on a Lexus, a new customer of mine.

Kevin

Good stuff buddy ill keep that in mind! Doing a black hummer on sunday so ill have to do some testing!

As with anything you start, good idea to tape off a 2'x2' area or whatever area you feel comfortable with as your 'pocket' and go for it! Definitely get right on the worst part of it!

Pocket - amount of area you can work in, still yielding great results...for one that's 2'x2' section, for others it can be bigger or smaller.

As with anything you start, good idea to tape off a 2'x2' area or whatever area you feel comfortable with as your 'pocket' and go for it! Definitely get right on the worst part of it!

Pocket - amount of area you can work in, still yielding great results...for one that's 2'x2' section, for others it can be bigger or smaller.

For sure that is one thing u have been doing more lately.and I realize how much time it saves by finding what works in the beginning not figuring it out as I go and wasting time. One more question, when will we see the 4 inch mf pads??

Loving this stuff! here are a few single stage with the Paint correcting polish I did this past week. Initially I used one spray of detail spray and helped to prime the pad without using so much product. I followed up with a small circle of product on the pad.....each time the product flashed I added 2-3 drops (pending the heat of the pad/pannel) and moved on). This was a wet sand from 2000/2500/3000 then the Adams orange pad and the Paint correcting polish. I followed this up with a coat of MSS and Americana with stellar results! Now All I need is more product per bottle :)

PhotoFancie2013_06_17_20_15_27_zps541c4f

186_zps5f829b27.jpg

185_zps58fd3c5f.jpg

IMG_20130618_224922_zps3473e39e.jpg

Are the new polishes body shop safe?

Is the Adams duo body shop safe?

I noticed you'd asked this question twice within all the mess and hadn't received an answer. I'd say yes, they would be safe for the body shop environment. They're polishes not glazes, with fillers and not sealants or waxes. From my experience with the two I'd say no silicone in the two products.

I would prefer Adam, Dylan or another team member answer this because several years ago I asked the same question and the answer was NO, but that was with the older products.  I BELIEVE Adam said the products contain a product that is an offshoot of silicon and therefore not 100% body shop safe.  

Again, I'd voice that question directly to a team member via PM or email.  

Note: I've hidden the unnecessary banter on this thread.   As Dylan stated, let's keep this on track.  

Thanks guys for the info, hopefully an Adam's rep sees this now and gives us an official answer, but if not I'll PM someone. 

Dylan, Nick, Mook, anyone? New polishes = body shop safe?

Edited by ihaveacamaro

Since we're here to learn I must ask.  What does this mean?

From what I understand, if silicone is on a car pre-paint, it can cause fisheyes. Also silicone in waxes and sealants don't allow fresh paint to outgas properly, which can also cause issues.

Painting is not my forte so this is only what I think I know.

From what I understand, if silicone is on a car pre-paint, it can cause fisheyes. Also silicone in waxes and sealants don't allow fresh paint to outgas properly, which can also cause issues.

Painting is not my forte so this is only what I think I know.

I think I know that you are indeed correct on what you think you know.

Hey Dylan, I know some companies advertise a product as being able to remove sanding marks as coarse as 1200 grit, etc., did you guys test to see what the new system can remove? I know it depends on other variables, like the machine and pad choice...just curious.

Hey Dylan, I know some companies advertise a product as being able to remove sanding marks as coarse as 1200 grit, etc., did you guys test to see what the new system can remove? I know it depends on other variables, like the machine and pad choice...just curious.

When I was working on Boost by Weaver Customs, I was pulling 2000 grit marks out. It also depends on how hard or soft the clear you are working with is. IMO softer clears, you may be able to pull 1500 out with. However I haven't tried.

Mook

I've polished a Deep Impact Blue 2103 Ford Mustang and a Silver Steel 2007 Dodge Magnum with the microfiber pads and got absolutely zero hazing. The Mustang was a demo car I did in direct sunlight and it's Blue was a medium dark color. After I was done with the orange microfiber pad and Paint Correcting Polish on the Mustang I wasn't real sure I even needed to finish up with the white and Paint Correcting Polish, the product finish down that nicely on the microfiber.

I'm actually sort of glad you posted this as I have a Rising Blue Golf R which seems sort of close to that color, and it's also metallic.  

I'll eventually be able to pick these up!

I tried the 2 step polishes on my 01 Acura head lights, it is amazing how well it worked. Much quicker with the flex and MF pads than the 3 steps and my PC. Not sure why but these headlights get a nasty film on them, my Monte or either Silverado have the same issue. I should have taken a before, but here is an after. The lens is clear and you can see the reflector & bulb now. Looking forward to the 4" MF pads.

First pix has some of the film left that was covering the entire lens and the second how it looked after about 5 minutes of polishing, cleaning and AQS.

post-4751-0-65533400-1372019841_thumb.jpg

post-4751-0-31076900-1372019880_thumb.jpg

I used the flex and orange foam pad with the Paint correcting polish this weekend. I pulled out 2500 grit to a flawless finish. I would assume using a micro pad and the flex you could achieve the same results (pending hardness of clear and difficulty of the panel). I hope this helps some.

For ease of use and saving my products I stepped down to 3k grit trizact from 3m, then finished it out with the orange pad and Adams PCP (lol funny abbreviation). It turned out awesome. Will post pics in a few!

So I just picked up the new polish system and I must say I'm kinda disappointed.  Maybe my expectations were too high but I felt like after the orange and white I still had a slight haze to my paint.  I even taped off my hood (two parts) so i could compare the current condition to the freshly polished and it was noticeably hazy on the new polish side.  The other side was 5 months since my last M205 on an Orange finished with an Ultima PPP. 

That being said the new polishes/microfiber pads took out some of my washing/drying DD damage from the past months but it took a pass with Menzerna 4000SF on an LC Finish pad to really bring out the complete shine with no haze.   Maybe I didn't work it long enough but I doubt it.  I didn't try and finish the polish with one of the all foam Adams pads (which maybe my paint will need that rather than the microfibers in order to finish nice and glossy??)  I'll try that on another panel and see what my results are. 

OK enough about that, I did like the low dusting the new polishes bring to the table.  M105 dusts awful but its hard to argue with its results. 

In addition this was my first application with the Machine Super Sealant, and I must say its application, haze time and then removal was IMPRESSIVE!  Paint is super glossy, super smooth and slick!  Looking forward to topping it with some Americana.  Will post pics later. 

So I just picked up the new polish system and I must say I'm kinda disappointed. Maybe my expectations were too high but I felt like after the orange and white I still had a slight haze to my paint. I even taped off my hood (two parts) so i could compare the current condition to the freshly polished and it was noticeably hazy on the new polish side. The other side was 5 months since my last M205 on an Orange finished with an Ultima PPP.

That being said the new polishes/microfiber pads took out some of my washing/drying DD damage from the past months but it took a pass with Menzerna 4000SF on an LC Finish pad to really bring out the complete shine with no haze. Maybe I didn't work it long enough but I doubt it. I didn't try and finish the polish with one of the all foam Adams pads (which maybe my paint will need that rather than the microfibers in order to finish nice and glossy??) I'll try that on another panel and see what my results are.

OK enough about that, I did like the low dusting the new polishes bring to the table. M105 dusts awful but its hard to argue with its results.

In addition this was my first application with the Machine Super Sealant, and I must say its application, haze time and then removal was IMPRESSIVE! Paint is super glossy, super smooth and slick! Looking forward to topping it with some Americana. Will post pics later.

Sounds like you'll need to finish down with PFP on a white foam pad.