Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Adams Product to Use?

Will!

Question

21 answers to this question

WOW!  How horrible!  I hate people.  

If you can feel it with your finger nail, it's probably time for paint.

If not, Adams focus pads, correcting and finishing polish may help.  

Oh man, that truly sucks :(

I never understood why people feel the need to do this, what do they get out of it? I had this happen to my 71 Lemans years ago, I'd still be in jail if I had caught the creep... Looks like its time for the body shop. You can maybe make it less noticeable with polishing, but you won't get it perfect.

Sorry to see what happened to your truck. Someone keyed the rear quarter of my old Xtreme once, pretty much ruined me for a few days. I can only imagine how you are dealing with this. The lack of respect for other people's property in this country is getting out of hand.

Some did this to my niece's Ability van recently.  Her scratch was similar to the one on your tailgate.  Using the Focus pads and the MF pads I was able to get it all out except the deeper marks on the ends.  They were still there, but much less noticeable.  

For those who don't have the cash for a professional paint job, how would dealer paint chip repair pen and a langka product work on something this long/drastic?

I don't think that would work nearly as well.  Kind of a tiny band aid for such a big wound.

I know that it needs paint, I actually never even tried to buff it out because I was so mad. Thanks for all the kind words guys, I was just trying to make light of a crappy situation by asking which product to use to get some laughs.

If it isn't through to the base coat, the focus pads + drill + PCP should make it less noticeable in the mean time

Where did this happen? Work? Public parking lot? Were there cameras?

I'm speechless at how someone could do such a thing. Sorry you have to deal with it man!

I'm still blown away about it so to speak, it sucks but I hope the body shop I've chosen will give me what I've asked for. Their reputation is very good too so I'm hopeful. It also helps that my insurance company has been super helpful with all of this as well.