Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polishing over vinyl graphics

KYmxracer52

Question

8 answers to this question

You can polish them, but I'd be VERY cautious.  Too aggressively can easily discolor them.  And once you do that, no turning back.  I'd start with Finishing Polish & pad, FIRST.  If that gets ya what you desire, then good.  If not, I'd step up to the Correcting Polish, but TREAD LIGHTLY brother.  That's all I'll tell ya.

As far as protection goes, wax will do "okay" but Quick Sealant is the JAAAAAAAAAM on protecting vinyl.  Just sayin. :D

You can polish them, but I'd be VERY cautious.  Too aggressively can easily discolor them.  And once you do that, no turning back.  I'd start with Finishing Polish & pad, FIRST.  If that gets ya what you desire, then good.  If not, I'd step up to the Correcting Polish, but TREAD LIGHTLY brother.  That's all I'll tell ya.

As far as protection goes, wax will do "okay" but Quick Sealant is the JAAAAAAAAAM on protecting vinyl.  Just sayin. :D

I basically just want to polish the graphics. Just something to kinda make them 'pop' more. I'll give the QS a go and see how she turns out.

I basically just want to polish the graphics. Just something to kinda make them 'pop' more. I'll give the QS a go and see how she turns out.

I would guess that Brilliant Glaze may help with this too.  Check out this very useful thread from Dylan about caring for vinyl graphics - http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/13404-caring-for-factory-vinyl-stripes/

Well, I finished my cruiser up a few minutes ago. Worked on it for about 6 hrs. Strip wash, clayed, SHR, FMP, QS, and buttery wax. I only used the fine machine polish on the vinyl and had stellar results. It really helped bring some life back into the vinyl numbers on the roof too. They were looking really oxidized. Chase was right about the quick sealant. All in all, I super impressed with how much better it all looks. I'll try to get some pics posted.