Customer Service 866.965.0400

Removing Scratches Underneath Door Handle

IrishCurse

Question

I have seen a few of you remove these scratches.  The results have varied, but I've seen Chase remove them nearly 100 percent and I'm wondering what the best technique is.  Revive by hand will do some correction, but not much I don't think.  How would one machine polish this?  The focus pads and drill seem like the best option, but this introduces holograms to the area that need to be addressed by a DA and I can't see how one will get in there.  Maybe the focus pads on my PC will get under there well enough?

I just completed a black '97 VW Jetta, yea, that's right a 1997 Volks Wagon Jetta. Neighbor kids car and he wanted to learn how to polish with the Cyclo. Anyways, under his door handles were a mess. I used the before mentioned old Flip Pad with the old SHR on its Orange side followed up on the Blue side of the Flip Pad with Revive Hand Polish; perfect? Not hardly, but pretty darn good for what I'd started with. Sorry, no pictures you'll just have to trust me on this. :)

I like Chase's idea of a round microfiber applicator, would actually fit better than the old Flip Pad.

I just completed a black '97 VW Jetta, yea, that's right a 1997 Volks Wagon Jetta. Neighbor kids car and he wanted to learn how to polish with the Cyclo. Anyways, under his door handles were a mess. I used the before mentioned old Flip Pad with the old SHR on its Orange side followed up on the Blue side of the Flip Pad with Revive Hand Polish; perfect? Not hardly, but pretty darn good for what I'd started with. Sorry, no pictures you'll just have to trust me on this. :)

I like Chase's idea of a round microfiber applicator, would actually fit better than the old Flip Pad.

You could be right on the round applicator. The flip pad is a little tight.

What I did with our Pontiac is what Gerry said. Lock the door and pull handle out. Place the flip pad underneath handle and keep pulling it through in an up and down motion. I could swear I got the idea from a personal video that Dylan posted a while back. Could be wrong though.

I went at it today. My process was revive on blue app and just try to get them out. It was extremely tight in there so it was hard to really get some heat going. Will be trying what chase said.

Here is the after. Not much improvement but there is def a small difference in person. 

The Deep scratches are still there, but the mini ones are almost gone.

Tomorrow when I have more time and better weather I will tackle it with a more aggressive procedure.

Just for you: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/2011/256185-exterior-door-handle-removal.html#post4387428