Customer Service 866.965.0400

different uses for Waterless Wash?

Bootstrap

Question

Hey Adam's fans. I've found myself in a situation where I have 2 gallons of a product I almost never use. Adam's Waterless Wash, I can't bring myself to use the WW as anything but a bird poop spot treatment. I do however use the WW occasionally to wipe the fingerprints from my stainless steel refrigerator. 

So I had a couple thoughts, questions, ideas on ways that I can use the product. 

1.) Using WW as a wheel cleaner? My wheels stay quite clean, and they're always free of brake dust, I currently use just an Adam's Soap and water mix to clean the wheels. 

2.) added to my soap bucket in the 2 bucket wash? I thought I had read somewhere that this may increase lubricity. 

3.) Just continue using as a spot treatment for bird poop only. 

4.) Use to wipe down door jambs and other "non-crucial" but often dirty areas. (chrome exhaust tip, polished driveshaft, etc.)

Do you have any inventive uses for WW? What do you think of my ideas? 

-Bootstrap

15 answers to this question

My uses for WW:

- Immediately after arriving at a car show to safely remove whatever got onto the car during the drive. DS will come afterwards when the paint is clean and dirt-free.

- Wiping down door/trunk/hood jambs before washing the car, so when water flows through it isn't bringing that dirty water out onto the paint.

- Drying agent. Many people use DS here but I prefer WW as it helps get rid of stubborn spots that did not come off with the regular wash.

- Pre-wax cleaner. After polishing a panel I will use WW to wipe down the panel before applying wax or sealant so there is no polish residue left behind. Other people will use IPA but I feel this is safer (and more pleasantly-smelling). I also use is to clean up wheels and exhaust tips before putting QS on them.

I've had mixed results using WW as a wash bucket additive and I can't pinpoint the cause. It adds lubricity but sometimes it will mute the suds created by the shampoo.

- Wiping down door/trunk/hood jambs before washing the car, so when water flows through it isn't bringing that dirty water out onto the paint.

I never really thought about this. I normally clean the door jambs and trunk area after washing. So I should just clean them before the wash and just dry them after the wash?

I've washed my SS with water twice in 2.5 years and there aren't swirls to be found at all.  Its all technique, knowing when you can/can't use it, and liberal use.  Watch Chase's WW video to get an idea of how much WW you should use to keep from scratching.  You really need to saturate the panels, and more so in the dirty areas Chase identifies.  WW is a FANTASTIC product when used correctly.  I too was scared to use it because I thought there's no way it won't scratch my baby.  2+ years later, and I'm starting to buy it in 5 gallon jugs.  I only buy it, and APC in 5 gallon (Next order for each, I have 3 individual gallons to go through first...more cost effective with the 5), so you get an idea of how much I use.

Edit:  The SS never see's rain, ever.  So this is one big reason why I'm able to safely use it as much as I do.  

Edited by IrishCurse

GERRYC, i hadn't thought about using it as a drying agent! That's a good idea, i can burn through it that way and spare the detailer spray for final wipe downs. I also could use Ww as a lube for claying i think.

I'm sure WW works great on a garage kept car that barely sees dirt. My truck lives outside next to a gravel road and has tires sticking 4-5" out of th fenders. My paint is probably dirtier in a day than alot of people's are in a week.

I just ordered my first gallon of waterless wash and was wandering if I can use it for claying the car. Logic is below:

1. It is cheaper than detail spray.

2. I don't really need to add gloss before polishing.

The only question is, is it slick enough for claying? Or, is there some other reason I shouldn't use it for claying?

I just ordered my first gallon of waterless wash and was wandering if I can use it for claying the car. Logic is below:

1. It is cheaper than detail spray.

2. I don't really need to add gloss before polishing.

The only question is, is it slick enough for claying? Or, is there some other reason I shouldn't use it for claying?

I tried it. No issues with the actual claying, but it seemed like it deteriorated the clay.

I tried it. No issues with the actual claying, but it seemed like it deteriorated the clay.

That's interesting that it seemed to deteriorate the clay. I may have to do a head to head test on my wifes car with two pieces of clay and the two lubricants.

I like the idea of using it on the wheels after a wash.  Anyone tried these on matte black and are they ok to use at the end of the day on some wheels?  Seems like a good routine for us guys that get a ton of brake dust.