Customer Service 866.965.0400

jeeps suck to detail........

2008fx4

especially if they are lifted, and spend the previous day on the trail, getting muddy and dusty.  sorry i dont have any befores, but as you can see from the tire treads and some of the undercarriage, it was pretty nasty. so much plastic to tape off, and a ton of little areas that the 4" pads could barely get.

had over 2 years of scratches and desert pinstriping, including some gouges that happened yesterday.  used the new microfiber pads and waxes, quick sealant and patriot wax.  used quick sealant on all the powdercoated goodies, some metal polish, glass cleaner, detail spray, waterless wash and a ton of vrt.  

i started at 8 am and finished around 4:30.  that included a wipe down and a vacuum of the interior. it honestly wasnt bad.  

nice shaded garage to stay out of the 100 degree heat today.  the heat did make things flash quicker, just had to stay on top of things.  i was so impressed with the new microfiber pads on my flex that i broke my own rule and put a sticker on the jeep (thanks Dylan!)

pics (sorry - didnt feel like diggin out my good camera - untouched iphone 5 pics)

272E6934-B06A-458A-8972-0E8981298F7D-311

3B23E8AE-5B24-4CEA-B56D-58537FCC47EE-311

923FB1F4-F5F5-44DB-A3CE-03AD95169ACF-311

BD7C3B30-B9B4-40B9-B2F9-C58E3C68A25A-311

A88ED319-FC72-4095-ADB7-9D4E0795AC49-311

1ADEDB6F-6A52-4425-89A1-93BEE37CCAF2-311

Edited by 2008fx4

Dude that is a BA jeep!  Like the wheels too.

Ever put that snorkle to good use?

thanks.  i havent yet.  came close a couple weeks ago.  still need to extend all my breather hoses and seal up the airbox completely.  

LOVED our Wrangler.  MISS our Wrangler.  But a "basic" full wash took 4 hours (that's with no interior) from all the undercarriage appointments & plastic to dress.  Doing it "my way" with Adam's products from top-bottom was quite an ordeal.  There was no such thing as a "quick wash detail" lol.  GORGEOUS Jeep.  I feel your pain.....

That thing looks soooo good!  

Sorry a Sam Kinison qoute popped into my head after reading that..

No, because 'they live in the f'n desert'! 

You obviously have never seen a Monsoon in Tucson, I bet that would be a great time to put that snorkel to use. Its a pretty crazy site to see

I love your Jeep by the way

You obviously have never seen a Monsoon in Tucson, I bet that would be a great time to put that snorkel to use. Its a pretty crazy site to see

I love your Jeep by the way

yeah two trips ago we got caught in a monsoon on the trail.  had to cross some pretty deep water that normally wouldnt have been there.  the other advantage to the snorkel is the attachments that i can put on it - ram air - or a dirt filtration contraption that keeps a lot of sand and dirt from even reaching the filter.

• 1 month later...

had to show the jeep a little love today and tried out the new product i got - guy up in BC makes these - magnetic vinyl covered panels designed to protect the paint on trail rides where the jeep doors and such would get pinstriped and scratched heavily.

think they look cool.  they will definitely serve their purpose

DSC00637_zps968878ee.jpg

DSC00627_zpsaa70a36c.jpg

DSC00630_zpsa032aa67.jpg

Love your Jeep! I just pcked up a 4 door JK as well, havent detailed it yet and I'm already dreading it. I made sure to stock up on my SVRT supply.

What do you have done to your headlights? Do you have a retro fit in there?

Edited by Garsnow

thanks - they are hid projectors from hidprojectors.com - i wasnt comfortable with doing a retrofit myself.  i had both versions of the trucklites and they sucked.  these are on par with the hids in my wifes benz gl550.

You didn't like the latest version of the Trucklites?  To me they are a vast improvement over the factory halogens while still staying SAE and DOT compliant, at least from a bolt on perspective.  The JW Speaker lights have a horrible high beam pattern.  You can't even tell when you click them on highs if they are actually high beams or not.

Jeep looks great overall tho!  Quick question if you don't mind, how do you like the Nitto's?  I've been debating them for my next set of tire.  I may do some additional siping since we have a lot more wet stuff out here on the east but wanted to see how they are holding up for you.

Thank you and keep up the great work!

You didn't like the latest version of the Trucklites?  To me they are a vast improvement over the factory halogens while still staying SAE and DOT compliant, at least from a bolt on perspective.  The JW Speaker lights have a horrible high beam pattern.  You can't even tell when you click them on highs if they are actually high beams or not.

Jeep looks great overall tho!  Quick question if you don't mind, how do you like the Nitto's?  I've been debating them for my next set of tire.  I may do some additional siping since we have a lot more wet stuff out here on the east but wanted to see how they are holding up for you.

Thank you and keep up the great work!

the nittos have been great - but they are extremely heavy.  what vehicle are you putting them on?  if you arent going to offroad much - but want the mud tire look - the bfg km2s are virtually unstoppable when they are siped.  

You could use some WD40 prior to going out and that should ease the removal of all that crud>

i could care less about the crud.  thousands of branches scraping across the paint though?..........

the nittos have been great - but they are extremely heavy.  what vehicle are you putting them on?  if you arent going to offroad much - but want the mud tire look - the bfg km2s are virtually unstoppable when they are siped.  

Planning on putting them on my 88 YJ.  5.3/4L60/Atlas/HP60/14 Bolt.  I'm running the KM2's right now and they are an okay tire.  Was going to go for a set of Pitbull Radial Rockers but it appears they changed up their sidewall construction and now they are easier to cut.  I see Falken has some new offerings that are coming out and will be displayed at SEMA this year.  I've seen Genright's rig with them on but they had the tires completely covered for the offroad expo.  I know that the Savvy/Currie rig is running the current style this year, at least from the build photos that's what I can tell.

I was thinking about siping the KM2's now to see how they would last in their last half of their life.  Time to warm up the blades!  I appreciate your feedback!