Customer Service 866.965.0400

second coat wax/sealant

Fit08

Question

What are our thoughts?

Putting a second coat of wax/sealant on after say a month or so what process are we using to make sure paint is clean for this application. Yes, we can wash but it seems like even with the most OCD wash there can be contaminates left over in my experience. Do we do a WW then?? I may be being to picky on a DD but with that said after many, many hours of polishing the last thing we want is more swirls right away!

9 answers to this question

Well, if you clay, you're going to remove some of (very little, but still) the already previously applied protection.  So just a 2-bucket is gonna have to do.  I guess you COULD follow that with a WW before applying the wax, but that's your call.  Why not just top it off with Americana during the initial detail??

If you're saying you'd like to add ANOTHER coat of wax, 30-60 days down the road, then stick with your initial idea.  Again, any further paint cleansing or polishing is simply gonna remove what you already have applied.

Edited by Chase@Adams

Well, if you clay, you're going to remove some of (very little, but still) the already previously applied protection.  So just a 2-bucket is gonna have to do.  I guess you COULD follow that with a WW before applying the wax, but that's your call.  Why not just top it off with Americana during the initial detail??

If you're saying you'd like to add ANOTHER coat of wax, 30-60 days down the road, then stick with your initial idea.  Again, any further paint cleansing or polishing is simply gonna remove what you already have applied.

Yes, initial detail would be ideal, but had to drive car before all waxing could be completed. I just know the paint will not be as clean as it was during the initial detail so was wondering what he collective was doing. If the quick sealant is as good as they say then I should be golden till next spring with one coat.

Does anyone know how long all of these last?

machine super sealant-

buttery wax- 

brilliant glaze-

americana-

and is it a good idea to do super sealant and then follow it by buttery or brilliant for good protection and deep shine?

I wish Adam's would a paint sealant, in paste form.

I always like applying wax or sealant by hand. I am not sure what it is, but I like being old school. I like holding on to a jar of wax, while spreading it.

I like using both paint sealant and wax on my car. I like the durability of a sealant, and the look of carnauba-based wax.

Edited by EPHIOS