Customer Service 866.965.0400

What cell phone do you use?

DonJuan692006

I've had uh, some crap luck with my phone situation since Vettes at Carlisle.  Long story short, I am in an iPhone5 Now, but will be getting the 5s in a few months.  I LOVED my 4s.  No complaints whatsoever about it, that I didn't do to it to harm it...IE spilling a Rockstar on it, dropping it on the concrete without the Otter Box on it which broke in Reno...:lol:

I'm clumsy.

I've had uh, some crap luck with my phone situation since Vettes at Carlisle.  Long story short, I am in an iPhone5 Now, but will be getting the 5s in a few months.  I LOVED my 4s.  No complaints whatsoever about it, that I didn't do to it to harm it...IE spilling a Rockstar on it, dropping it on the concrete without the Otter Box on it which broke in Reno... :lol:

I'm clumsy.

I've had every model of iPhone and had NO issues with any of them.  I'm not clumsy however.  The new 5 series seem a bit more apt at taking a fall due to their lighter weight IMO.  I like some things that the other brands of phones do, but I REALLY like the PPI of the Retina display.  It may not be 1080P, but I could care less, the PPI is so dense it's perfect for me. 

My 5S is already ordered from AT&T who will then order it for us on the 20th.  I've been using iOS7 now for a couple of months and it's a MUCH better OS.  Plus, it'll talk a lot more with Mavericks than iOS6 did with OS 10.8.4.  "AirDrop" is MUCH more useful than I thought.  You can just plop videos, photo's and other files on your friends or families iPhones when they're in the room.  No touching them together like some of the other ones.  This feature will also work with Mavericks which OMG will be AWESOME! 

I'm in the stone age as well with my iPhone 4 on ATT.  I will be switching to the 5s and Verizon in the very near future to take advantage of 4G.  I agree with not wanting to be dependent on the cloud but having everything linked with iCloud and Dropbox makes things a lot easier for me.  Then every once in a while I plug my phone in to make sure everything is synced, then delete everything off my phone.  

I'm in the stone age as well with my iPhone 4 on ATT.  I will be switching to the 5s and Verizon in the very near future to take advantage of 4G.  I agree with not wanting to be dependent on the cloud but having everything linked with iCloud and Dropbox makes things a lot easier for me.  Then every once in a while I plug my phone in to make sure everything is synced, then delete everything off my phone.  

Yeah, iOS7 allows videos to be uploaded to the cloud now.  THANK GOD!  So I can share my photo's and videos with family.  

I love the cloud, but I also don't walk around with tin foil on my head.  If the NSA wants to read the crap my wife and I and friends talk about, so be it. 

Chris

I've never used an iPhone and have thought about giving it a go. The biggest issue I have with the iPhone is how locked down it is though. I like having choices out how my display is played out, what buttons do what, multi-window, being able to over clock and undervolt to have better control over battery usage, etc. The only thing that interests me about the iPhone is the fact that I've never used it.

Traditionally I have loved gadgets but over the past few years have stopped trying to stay up with the latest. Now I skip at least one generation or two before upgrading.

I have an iPhone 4 and my wife has an iPhone 4S, been eligible for upgrades for some time but have been waiting for a compelling reason to upgrade. The 5S is now on our list. We don't want to jail break our phones or "root" them, just want a phone that works, has good call quality (yes I am old fashioned, I actually talk on my phone!) and is VERY reliable. The iPhones have worked great for us. Been rock solid with zero complaints. Love the fact that new iOS updates are available for many generations back. And I must be an anomaly in that I like iCloud and the integration across our devices (2 iPhones, 2 iPads and a Mac Book Pro)

I've never used an iPhone and have thought about giving it a go. The biggest issue I have with the iPhone is how locked down it is though. I like having choices out how my display is played out, what buttons do what, multi-window, being able to over clock and undervolt to have better control over battery usage, etc. The only thing that interests me about the iPhone is the fact that I've never used it.

Don't then!  Android is the perfect platform for people like you that want to play with the OS.  I on the other hand have NO time or willingness to do something like that.  

Traditionally I have loved gadgets but over the past few years have stopped trying to stay up with the latest. Now I skip at least one generation or two before upgrading.

I have an iPhone 4 and my wife has an iPhone 4S, been eligible for upgrades for some time but have been waiting for a compelling reason to upgrade. The 5S is now on our list. We don't want to jail break our phones or "root" them, just want a phone that works, has good call quality (yes I am old fashioned, I actually talk on my phone!) and is VERY reliable. The iPhones have worked great for us. Been rock solid with zero complaints. Love the fact that new iOS updates are available for many generations back. And I must be an anomaly in that I like iCloud and the integration across our devices (2 iPhones, 2 iPads and a Mac Book Pro)

iCloud is awesome and it gets better with iOS7.  I can't wait to upgrade to Mavericks OS so my MAC's and phones and iPads can talk more readily with each other.  

I have an iPhone 4S on VZW..

I LOVE how it works with my iPad and rMBP and like Chris mentioned, it will be even better with iOS7 and Mavericks..

I wish the 5S was available for pre-order as I want it ASAP! and don't want to wait in line..

I LOVE how it works with my iPad and rMBP and like Chris mentioned, it will be even better with iOS7 and Mavericks..

I wish the 5S was available for pre-order as I want it ASAP! and don't want to wait in line..

lol, you could wait a week or two and then you don't have to wait in line.  Personally, I think the iPhone lines are shortening due to the fact that Samsung has taken a HUGE chunk out of Apple.   Apple needs to listen to the customer more IMO.  They're a little too inner focused.  

agreed!

I would've liked to have seen more changes and more of a 6 than 5S since I've waited so long, but I will have to do with the 5S as I cannot wait any longer, lol

Why come out with an entirely new phone when you can slightly revamp an old one, change the name, and sell it with people coming out in masses to buy it? Edited by DonJuan692006

Why come out with an entirely new phone when you can slightly revamp an old one, change the name, and sell it with people coming out in masses to buy it?

It's worked for them up until now, but the past 2 years has seen the competition get REAL!  Samsung has one goal, and that's to put Apples iPhone out of business.  If Apple doesn't wake up, it'll happen.  Look at BlackBerry!   Too little too late! 

Apple has some key things going for it though.  Its VERY secure and easy to use OS, works with their other products, and has a beautiful design.  

My son works our iPads and phones like a boss and has since he was one and a half.  He's 3 now.   

I wished Apple would have made the 5s to have a bigger screen. Gonna be the same as the 5, isn't it?

Same size, yes, but there's quite a few changes "under the hood".  

Personally, I like the size.  It fits in my pocket and I can still move, and bend with it in there!  :)   

When I need something bigger I reach for my tablet.  

I agree, love how all our data and information can be setup to automatically appear on all the different devices and the consistency of the user interface across the various device formats.

agreed!

I would've liked to have seen more changes and more of a 6 than 5S since I've waited so long, but I will have to do with the 5S as I cannot wait any longer, lol

Still using the 4, been holding out but am now going to move on this...I think.

Same size, yes, but there's quite a few changes "under the hood".  

Personally, I like the size.  It fits in my pocket and I can still move, and bend with it in there!  :)   

When I need something bigger I reach for my tablet.

Totally agree! My daughter has a galaxy S3 unit and I love to tease her about the size of the screen. Too large for me, don't want to lug around a phone that large, more prone to breakage and too clumsy feeling. If I want a larger screen I use a full size tablet or a laptop, depending on the task and application needed.

Apple has some key things going for it though.  Its VERY secure and easy to use OS, works with their other products, and has a beautiful design.  

This is debatable. The security at the app level is due to having a longer wait period between when a developer can release an app or an update to an app through the app store. Also the development license cost as well. So lets call it security through obscurity in this case. Android does a much better job at sandboxing apps. Especially in 4.3 when they added app permissions management and SELinux to the kernel stack.

And as far as easy to use? For who? For people that are fairly clueless in regards to technology? Yeah I'll agree with that. But not for anyone that has any experience on a computer. OSX is a nightmare for me to use because I don't depend on a mouse to do anything. So in the same sense Android is much easier for me to use because I am "power user" (I hate that term). 

My favorite argument with the Android vs iPhone debate is the line "but it just works" in regards to iPhones. You're right. The carriers haven't crippled it. When I bought a Nexus phone... it just worked. IMO carriers are the cause of more headaches than the manufacturers.

Currently I am running an S3 with CM10.2 (Android 4.3) on it and have been using Dropbox and Dropsync to keep everything sync'd up between my computer at home and my phone/tablet. And I am in the middle of setting up OwnCloud to play with as a possibility to get rid of the reliance on Dropbox. 

How is CM 10.2? I stopped running CyanogenMod when I got my S3 and started running Beans ROM because I actually like the TouchWiz features. I get my AOSP fix on my Nexus 7 still though.

Very solid for it being nightly's only right now and fairly early in the release cycle.

The addition of the granular privacy controls on top of the CM privacy control solution is nice. I run it underclocked to 1.1 ghz and have no lag issues at all with the phone. It is just solid.

Since, I was eligible for a upgrade. I couldn't decide if I wanted the 5s or the S4.
So I called Verizon & they are shipping me my S4, should be here next week.
Do guys you still like yours? All my Apple friends was demanding me to get the 5s. lol