Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine super sealant

alenv10

Question

Okay so I keep hearing that you need to let it cute for 12-24 hours before adding a layer of buttery over the sealant is this neccesary or can I apply like an hour after or so? I can't hold a car from a customer over night haha

LPS can effortlessly be used by hand.

MSS was so substantially thick that it required the use of a machine to spread it evenly enough. If used by hand, MSS could cause what people call "tiger striping" on the paint, where you would see lines of highs and lows where the product was spread, especially on darker cars. LPS can be applied by hand or by machine, and the residue can be wiped off much earlier (and easier) than with MSS, which took about 20-30 minutes to set up.

The "cure time" of the products is the time before you can apply another layer of protection. You can absolutely drive your car between applying layers. The cure time of MSS was due to the fact that the product outgassed over the course of 12-24 hours, and this extra residue needed to be wiped off before applying a second coat, otherwise it would get trapped between the two layers.

I perform a strip wash every time I am going apply sealant, which is twice a year: beginning of spring, and the end of autumn. Simply add a few ounces of APC to your soap bucket and wash like normal.

Do you have to strip wash everytime before you apply? Say I strip wash, apply machine sealer, wait 24 hours and finishg my detail job. What about when i want to reapply in 6 months?

It is recommended to put Adam's Sealants on 'bare' paint, so yes strip wash first.  In place of the strip wash you could do a Rinseless wash, then wipe the car down with diluted IPA.

Do you have to strip wash everytime before you apply? Say I strip wash, apply machine sealer, wait 24 hours and finishg my detail job. What about when i want to reapply in 6 months?

As others have said, YES!  To work correctly, sealant must bond directly to the paint (clear coat).  Waxes, glazes, etc prevent that from happening.  

If your car never sees water, than a sealant probably isn't your best option!  They are better suited for daily drivers, or for folks who want the ultimate foundation of protection.

If you have a fair-weather toy, than a BG/Americana Paste Wax combo is right up your alley!