Customer Service 866.965.0400

Machine super sealant

alenv10

Question

Okay so I keep hearing that you need to let it cute for 12-24 hours before adding a layer of buttery over the sealant is this neccesary or can I apply like an hour after or so? I can't hold a car from a customer over night haha

After applying MSS, wait 30 minutes, wipe product off. It requires that you let it cure after that for 12-24 due to the possibility of residual hazing from uneven spots.

Sounds like you need to look into QS. Or, you could offer the client a complimentary wash the next weekend and apply the buttery wax then.

The Buttery will not add much extra protection, Americana would add more. 

And I do what Erik suggests with a client.  it's a black Infiniti G35 that lives outside.  I correct it and apply MSS one weekend, then a week or 2 later I wash it again and lay on the BG & Americana.  

MSS is suitable for use as a top-coat.  It provides better protection than Buttery or Americana, all by itself.  Although adding wax will provide SOME additional protection, doing so is more about shine than protection.  Depending on climate, driving habits, etc, MSS should be good for several months.

MSS is suitable for use as a top-coat.  It provides better protection than Buttery or Americana, all by itself.  Although adding wax will provide SOME additional protection, doing so is more about shine than protection.  Depending on climate, driving habits, etc, MSS should be good for several months.

Agreed.  I'm approaching 5 1/2 months with MSS on my garaged daily driver, and still have fantastic beading on the paint.  I'll by detailing again in a couple of weeks just to get ready for the winter months, but I've always been impressed by the longevity of the sealant.  (quick sealant isn't an attractive option for me because I don't like the idea of breathing in the fumes of an aerosol in my garage.)

You need to start using AQS.  #1 because the process takes 50%+ less time to apply, remove, and top and #2 because it lasts and lasts IMO equally as long as MSS or longer.  I top AQS with AQS after 10-30 minutes, but you could top with BW after 30 minutes too. 

I have a large garage so the fumes aren't really an issue.  Plus I spray it into the MF applicator which reduces the atomization drastically.  

You need to start using AQS.  #1 because the process takes 50%+ less time to apply, remove, and top and #2 because it lasts and lasts IMO equally as long as MSS.  I top AQS with AQS after 10-30 minutes, but you could top with BW after 30 minutes too. 

I have a large garage so the fumes aren't really an issue.  Plus I spray it into the MF applicator which reduces the atomization drastically.  

Fair enough, but I don't have a large garage... at least not yet.  Certainly AQS is more convenient, but the fumes remain the deal breaker for me.  Spraying it into a MF would help some, but I would rather take the extra time and not breathe in the fumes at all by using MSS. 

Well i think im going to go with machine super sealants for my vehicle's and friends but i might do quick for customers.  

How often do you guys seal and/or wax?

There's no hard set time frame for this.  There are too many variables.  Temps the car sits in, garaged or not, color of car (yes this can make a difference), and the weather the car sees.  

On average, I do mine 2 to 3 times a year, but I don't wait for them to stop beading.  I'm proactive. 

There's no hard set time frame for this.  There are too many variables.  Temps the car sits in, garaged or not, color of car (yes this can make a difference), and the weather the car sees.  

Wow, first I've heard that color of car makes a difference.  Do tell! :o

Wait can i just apply brilliant shine to the the paint first and then apply sealant or will it not work as well that way?

The sealants work best when applied directly to the paint.  They need to 'bond' with the paint vs. waxes that only sit on top of the paint.

Got my stuff in today!

What else do you guys think I "NEED"

my list.

1. car shampoo

2. single soft microfibers

3. all purpose cleaner

4. wheel cleaner.  not sure if i want green wheel or deep wheel

5. clay

6. wax.... not sure which one. brilliant or buttery

7. machine super sealant

thats all i can think of for now

post-10983-0-80215800-1379462880_thumb.jpg

post-10983-0-39284500-1379462881_thumb.jpg

post-10983-0-02062800-1379462882_thumb.jpg

Edited by alenv10

Got my stuff in today!

What else do you guys think I "NEED"

my list.

1. car shampoo

2. single soft microfibers

3. all purpose cleaner

4. wheel cleaner.  not sure if i want green wheel or deep wheel

5. clay

6. wax.... not sure which one. brilliant or buttery

7. machine super sealant

thats all i can think of for now

I highly recommend Undercarriage spray, glass cleaner, and glass sealant.  Actually to be honest I recommend them all.  I have yet to find an Adam's product that does not work!  Wish I could say the same for some of the products I tried before Adam's.

Do I HAVE to remove sealant before putting on a new coat? if the car is clean, and then clayed and rinsed, can I just put on more sealant, or do I need to use something like machine polish to remove it? If I used all-purpose cleaner in the water I use to keep the car wet while I clay it, will that do it? 

Do I HAVE to remove sealant before putting on a new coat? if the car is clean, and then clayed and rinsed, can I just put on more sealant, or do I need to use something like machine polish to remove it? If I used all-purpose cleaner in the water I use to keep the car wet while I clay it, will that do it? 

A sealant like MSS works best when applied directly to the paint.  Your idea to use APC is good, BUT add 2-3 oz. to your wash bucket, not to the clay lube.  If added to the clay lube it will quickly deteriorate the clay. 

Would it not be better to clay and layer on top of it, whats left of it anyways.  instead of strip washing it completely

It is best to start with a 'clean' surface.  This way you are a assured of having the MSS last a long as possible(4-6 months).  If you put it 'on top' of something else, your protection is limited to how long 'something else' adheres to the paint.   

what if its on top of an older layer of machine super sealant

That's the problem, this stuff only adheres to the paint for a few months on average. If you go and put a new layer of it on top of a partially deteriorated layer, the new stuff will wdhere to the old stuff that is basically falling off, thus the new stuff will fall off with it. Think of it like paint, if you are painting bare metal every few months with new paint, it will hold up much longer than painting over old paint that is flaking off. Th new paint will flake off with the old paint. That's the point of the strip wash and clay, to give you that "bare metal" surface to appy your new protection to.

How does Machine Super Sealant compare to the new Liquid Paint Sealant???

I have heard that the MSS has a 24 hour cure time and the LPS has an hour cure time. Other than that,is there any other differences?

Also, does the 24 hour cure time mean that I can't drive the car for 24 hours? Or just that I can't add another layer of protection or a glaze forat least 24 hours??