Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray

TR6speed

Question

If I remember correctly, the use of Adams Detail Spray will not remove the wax protection, but the Btilliant Glaze will diminish the overall protection with multiple application of the glaze between wax.

Is this correct or am I all wet?

7 answers to this question

If I remember correctly, the use of Adams Detail Spray will not remove the wax protection, but the Btilliant Glaze will diminish the overall protection with multiple application of the glaze between wax.

Is this correct or am I all wet?

That sounds correct.  The BG has some solvents in it that would reduce the wax slightly.  But that also makes it function as a cleaner for vinyl stripes.

Jack the new DS will help your wax to last longer because it contains a little wax........

Something I've never understood when it comes to this newer version of DS, and why I am using a competitor's product at the moment... Why would you want a DS that has this "extra protection" or wax in it when using it for polishing?  As a wipedown for drying I could see the benefit.  However, when using it as a pad primer or as a clay lube the last thing I would want is any wax in my DS

You're assuming theres some major amount of super crazy, durable, stuff in it... there isn't. 

The simple process of abrasion can easily get past the trace amounts, plus the idea of priming IS to lubricate the pad slightly to start, otherwise you're dry buffing with foam which can mar paint pretty easily during the first few moments of the machine getting started. 

You're assuming theres some major amount of super crazy, durable, stuff in it... there isn't. 

The simple process of abrasion can easily get past the trace amounts, plus the idea of priming IS to lubricate the pad slightly to start, otherwise you're dry buffing with foam which can mar paint pretty easily during the first few moments of the machine getting started. 

Ok Dylan, thank you for the quick response.  I wasn't sure the level of protection/wax in the DS, so this eases my concerns quite a bit.

The new formula detail spray is awesome easy to use. ( can I use those two words together?)

No more going over numerous times with the microfiber towel to buff out the streaks.

It is AS Easy to use as Adam's waterless wash.

If it ain't broken...Don't fix it!

Well...it wasn't broken, Adam's just made it that much better.

Thanks...

Yeah, don't get it twisted, V2 Detail spray is not a spray wax, but it just has some polymers as far as i know that just aid in gloss and protection, thats all.  Dylan feel free to correct me otherwise.

And to the guy above that doesn't want to prime his pad with Detail Spray, you could always do the Kevin Brown Method and prime the entire face of the pad with product before starting.  It's what I do, and although you use more product up front making sure there is an entire face of the pad lubricated with product, worked in with your fingers, you use substantially less product over the rest of the compounding/polishing session.