Customer Service 866.965.0400

here is a beat up 05 gto i did last weekend

justryan

yes i know he paid 250 cash which for a days work isnt bad but i know i could have got more. plus i loved doing it doing a correction like this gave me a ton of confidence.

really wish i had more time thats why the photos are lacking. 

Edited by justryan

what do you guy think you would have charged. keep in mind i did everything even engine. all the leather got treated as well. the plastics got total interior care and rubber got vrt only adams products touched this car. first time i realized that.. slowly weeding out chemical guys. 

what do you guy think you would have charged. keep in mind i did everything even engine. all the leather got treated as well. the plastics got total interior care and rubber got vrt only adams products touched this car. first time i realized that.. slowly weeding out chemical guys. 

The car looks fantastic!  What you charge depends on a lot of things - level of experience, any specialty products used, the area you're in, the work you put in, etc.  Searching around for detailers in your area to see what they're charging is usually the best way to start building a pricing structure.  But I can tell you - as some others have already - you sold yourself short on this one! 

For example, the charge for my writeup here was more than triple yours with a similar amount of effort put in.  I'm in a mid to high income area, with a little over a decade of experience, fully insured, the car was coated and is protected for the next 2 years, and it took me about 14 hours.  That works out to a little more than $57 an hour.  I (and my customers) know that I am expensive for my particular market, but they still have no problem cutting checks to me because I'm good at what I do and I'm professional about it.  As a further example - this write-up - which involved zero correction work came in at just above ($275) the $250 mark you charged to your client.  Short story long:  spend a few hours researching pricing, set your own, then increase it as your reputation, confidence and costs build.  And again - great work on the car!!

i used the flex polisher and on i actually one used the one step method adam told me about.

the reason im cheap is this is toledo the economy sucks. i have had mom ask me to do their minivans full of kid stains and when i say around 100 they think im nuts they want to spend 20 or 30. i tell them go to craigslist.  another thing is im working out of my parents garage since mine sucks so i cant say i have an address and to stop by. this summer was a test this coming spring im coming strong business cards, flyers at shows, telling everyone who has ears what ever it takes. 

• 3 weeks later...

i used the flex polisher and on i actually one used the one step method adam told me about.

the reason im cheap is this is toledo the economy sucks. i have had mom ask me to do their minivans full of kid stains and when i say around 100 they think im nuts they want to spend 20 or 30. i tell them go to craigslist.  another thing is im working out of my parents garage since mine sucks so i cant say i have an address and to stop by. this summer was a test this coming spring im coming strong business cards, flyers at shows, telling everyone who has ears what ever it takes. 

I know exactly what you mean about mom's and their minivans... I told myself when I started detailing cars that I'm a detailer, not a janitor... So if it's a kid mobile with food, dried pop, gum, etc., I'm going to quote a premium, because I don't really want to clean it in the first place. If they think my price is ridiculous, they can take it elsewhere.

I'm a 26 year old with roughly 10 years of on and off experience (only detail for money in my spare time) and I usually charge $20-$25 an hour. So far people have been very happy with my work and have left tips on top of that.