Customer Service 866.965.0400

Doorhandle question

07stanggt

Question

What are you guys using for the scratches underneath the doorhandle (in the indented part) that you just cant get at with a 4" foam pad? I know you have to get in there by hand, just wondering what is the best  product to use if having to take out big and deep scratches by hand. I got out 99% but striving for perfection as always.  

post-10998-0-72081500-1385120921_thumb.jpg

11 answers to this question

You will have to do those by hand and it will take some time so be patient, first off you will need Adam's Paint Correcting & Paint Finishing Polish Combo & You could use the 4" pads by hand Adam's 4" Focus Pad Kit with Drill Adapter. Remember if the scratches are deep enough to catch your finger nail in them they won't come all the way out, however you can lessen them. Good luck!

I usually just use the tip of my index finger wrapped in a utility towel with a small drop of polish, but your scratches there look more severe so that method might not be enough. Here's another topic with some info for you: http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/24582-removing-scratches-underneath-door-handle/?do=findComment&comment=390475

What are you guys using for the scratches underneath the doorhandle (in the indented part) that you just cant get at with a 4" foam pad? I know you have to get in there by hand, just wondering what is the best  product to use if having to take out big and deep scratches by hand. I got out 99% but striving for perfection as always.  

The Flip Pad (RIP good buddy) and Revive.  I saw a write-up someone did on here a year or two ago (I believe it was Mook) and the scratches under the door handle are usually superficial scratches from fingernails and such...not deep scratches.  They should clean right up. 

I put some polish on a mf utility towel and put the towel over an old credit card or old hotel "key" and apply it that way. Works great. The plastic card/key allows you to easily apply a good amount of pressure to the area.