Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tim Allen's 1968 Camaro 427 COPO - Jay Leno's Garage

Feets31

Damn, am I that jaded? Seriously, I saw this in person and wondered about the cheesy "COPO" lettering. I guess I saw the car as just another modified Camaro, not a COPO car, or even a nice clone.

Bruce

Edited by b_pappy

Damn, am I that jaded? Seriously, I saw this in person and wondered about the cheesy "COPO" lettering. I guess I saw the car as just another modified Camaro, not a COPO car, or even a nice clone.

Bruce

It's not a real COPO is it? I can't imagine they would've changed anything if it was (and yes, the badge is sorta cheesy).  Anyway, the thing about this car isn't that there's anything particularly groundbreaking about it. It's just so clean and the mods are subtle, and that's really appealing to some folks. I prefer restomods to strict numbers-matching (not knocking those), but there has to be a balance that retains the essence of what was so appealing about the original car. I think Tim's car is modernized enough to be more "useful" for lack of a better word, but at first glance it still has that stock aesthetic. What can I say, I like sleepers.

Edited by Redbeard