Customer Service 866.965.0400

Windshield polishing

Watty

Question

10 answers to this question

Clay and polishing a windshield in "good condition" will give great results..... BUT, in your case you will need a heavy duty glass polishing kit that can "smooth/cut" the glass and even then the way you describe your glass this kit may not work. Polishing glass is tricky because you don't want to build up too much heat when using a polisher. I have used glass polishing kits with good results.

I would stay away from glass polishing kits unless your extremely experienced. Heat can cause huge problems and not just what it looks like problems but safety issues which can weaken the glass or take away the lamination strength.

I have a window at work that they are talking about replacing because its so scratched. It seriously looks like someone scrubbed the crap out of it with a green Scotchbrite pad. I will give the PCP a try because worst case is they will still replace the glass anyway.

To really get down and polish glass you have to buy cerium oxide and it's a mess to work with. I would do what I could to get decent results without going that way. I usually glass the glass and use a compound with a microfiber pad and then seal it and it always works great.