Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using Blaster Sidekick?

thatryan

Question

I am considering buying the sidekick and am wondering the 'order' in which you use it to dry? In the video series it was used after the car was dried, so wouldn't that just spit water back up from the engine/grill/mirrors all over the paint again? However if used first wouldn't that allow water to dry on car before wiping it off? 

So, what order do you use it in?

Thank you!

14 answers to this question

I dry the car as usual with a great white, then go back over all the nooks and wheels with the sidekick. If you want, you can just go over the "spit" with the great white. I usually just blow it off the paint with the sidekick as it is usually just a small amount. With the paint all clayed/corrected/waxed, the water just blows right off!

I dry the car as much as I can with the Great White then come back to all the cracks and crevices with the Sidekick. If you point your Sidekick so that the Great White catches all the water being blown out, it helps to stop the water from flying back onto the paint

I spray the car with detail spray and then dry it with a great white.  I clean it up with the sidekick.  If i had an empty garage i might pull the car in there out of the sun and just use the sidekick. 

I do a 'pool' rinse on the the truck, then blow out places were water stands.  Then use DS and the GWDT to finish.

I say this is the better technique, get most of the water off the paint with the sheeting effect from the pool rinse (unrestricted, low pressure flow direct from hose), then blow out your mirrors, door handles, lights, door jambs, trunk, hood, gas cap, window seems, rims (spokes and lug nut holes), tires (where the bead meats the rims), any grills etc.  Then hit the car with detail spray and your choice drying towel.  Prevents any spotting/streaking once the car is on the move/sites for extended periods of time.

Great input here!  My process goes like this, during the winter or non-direct sun washing and drying:

1. Wash
  2. Rinse
  3. Raise hood and trunk, open fuel door
  4. Sidekick or Master Blast the water that is pooled around the vehicle, door handles, bumpers, lights, etc.
  5. Spray down with Detail Spray
  6. Dry with a Great White Towel.

Summer:

1. Wash
  2. Rinse
  3. Spray down with Detail Spray
  4. Dry windows and any surfaces facing the sun with a Great White Towel.
  5. Raise hood and trunk, open fuel door
  6. Sidekick or Master Blast the water that is pooled around the vehicle, door handles, bumpers, lights, etc.
  7. Dry remainder of vehicle with a Great White Towel.

But that's just me..... ;)

Perfect input all!

Adam, thank you for chiming in as well, not too many places you get the head honcho engaging, really speaks volumes for the company and culture you have cultivated. As well as why I am a (new) but proud member and loving your products.

Thanks all!

Here is how I have been doing mine

1.Wash

2. Rinse with DI water

3. Pull into garage

4. Blow off all water with a dedicated electric leaf blower

5. Dress tires and plastic with VRT

Edited by brunnesa