Customer Service 866.965.0400

Our New Addition

70'sChevyGirl

Well I went out and bought my soon to be husband an early Valentine's Day gift.

LittleBaby6Weeks.jpg

She is almost a clone of the 12 yr old boxer that I had to put to sleep last summer.

She is 6 weeks old. I will pick her up next Friday.

I love the smell of puppy breath.

:banana: My lab is going to have a buddy to play with. :banana:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Teresa!!! What a cute little pup! I want to smell her puppy breath right now.

Does anyone else love puppy breath? My wife just told me I'm nuts.

Your Huz2Be better hook you up this Valentines day!!

the-love-guru.jpg

I have crate trained both our labs. Get a large enouph crate that has a divider and only give them room to turn and sleep, if you let them have full run of crate they will potty in corners and defeats purpose. Then adjust divider as they grow.

Once you open the crate to let them out pick them up and take to potty spot, dont try to walk them out or they will step out and go.

Put a big blanket over the crate like a roof and they will sleep better and

longer.

Only leave one toy in crate at a time.

The puppy may even grow and want to stay in the crate into adult hood,

but if your other dog is not crate trained I would doubt it.

Just my 2 cents

They are indoor pets?? If so.

yes, this is the exact thing with my labs. They are a year apart and the older one did not bother the puppy in any way.

Also it is a pain in the butt since puppys sleep so much, but try to put puppy into kennel when ever it wants to nap. If you do this later on when he/she is tired it will go lay down on its own.

The big thing is being consistent.

They are just like human infants and will cry every couple hours at night so dont always give in and let out every time otherwise the puppy will learn how to get your attention all hours of night and you will never get sleep.

Hopefully I am making sense.

How old is the other dog? If some what close in age they will become best buddies...

Oh, and another BIG thing is always recognize the older dog first when coming into a room. This way the older dog does not get jealous. ( you only need to do this the first couple months )

My daughter is going to vet school so I learn a little from her about animal behavior.

Congrats on the cute little puppy. We've crate trained our dogs too, but once they were trained they left the crate. Some dogs get real attached and like their crates even after they are trained.

I love dogs, but I guess I'm not a puppy breath sniffer, couldn't tell you what it smells like.

Have fun.

Bruce

I have a 5 year old Boston Terrier. We crate trained her and it worked out great. She still goes in there when she wants a nap or it's time to call it a night. I think she likes the ability to go in there and hide from my 2 daughters too.

OK... You know how I know ya'll are gay?

lol:)

CUTE puppy!

I just watched the Westminster dog show finals last night.

Good show...

Of course it didn't hurt that the Golden came in second... lol

No Bill. We are not going to crop her. I like floppy ears.

I can't wait to get her.

My man needs to choose a name still. I'm thinking he wants to play with her a little bit before he picks one.

I wonder if her legs are spring loaded?? Our other boxer could bounce over an 8' fence.