Customer Service 866.965.0400

First Detail... okay to start over again next week?

NsnRogue2014

Question

So finally after weeks of waiting and my collection of products getting a little out of hand the weather in IL finally was nice enough to get outside and do my first detail on my black 2014 Nissan Rogue. Here's what I did;

Wash

Clay

Competitors polish (sorry)

Revive

Quick Sealant

All applied by hand, I ran out of time before I could use the glaze and wax, my question is I really enjoyed the process and learning what works, so could I say in a week wash, clay, strip it all and start again? Or is that just a waste of the quick sealant and other products?

9 answers to this question

You coat of sealant will last for months and is protecting all the work you already did. When you are ready to apply glaze and wax, all you have to do is re-wash the car. Claying and polishing are only done as needed, and will strip off your sealant.

Jon, no need to strip and clay it again if it's only going to be a week!

Quick Sealant will protect the surface for months at a time, so you'll be fine to just give it a wash, then apply the gaze glaze and wax.  After that, you can stand back and admire your handy work! 

:cheers:

It's been raining for what feels like three days straight here in IL so I haven't done anything else to my car, I'm hoping this weekend to take another stab at it. Pretty dirty right now, I'm hoping the coat of quick sealant I did pays off and everything on the car now just kinda rinses off easily.