Customer Service 866.965.0400

seal and wax a watch

HFX Detailing

Question

10 answers to this question

If you are thinking about it, I would clean and clay the glass.  Then apply a thin layer of quick sealant as it is optically clear.   :)  If you want more shine, I would us glaze as well on top of quick sealant.  (or on a lower protection side, you can just use glass cleaner and glass sealant) 

Edited by mtnbiker326

thanks guy!! Looks like I can get my winter detailing itch out on my watches ;)

Cool, haven't tried watches yet!

For fast relief of the "off-season detailing itch" I have found a variety of things to detail that has provided relief:

- kitchen counters (my mother in law was visiting once when I was using the Flex to polish the granite - the look on her face was priceless)

- kitchen appliances both large and small (toasters can be a fun challenge)

- any glass surface in or outside of the house, this includes shower enclosures, sliding glass doors, all house windows, tvs, computer screens, phone screens, glass decorating items, mirrors, picture glass -- but I stopped short of the drinking glasses

- stainless flatware can look brand new with a little detailing love, just be sure to clean well with soap and water after using MP

- chrome or polished faucets

- any reading glasses, RX glasses or sunglasses

- any hard surface floor, just be careful of using detail spray near a glossy type of floor surface - even just over spray from using detail spray on the refrigerator face can make the floor in front of the refrigerator treacherous

- back yard patio set

- electric company's transformer box in the yard

- lawn equipment - mowers, trimmers, etc

- vacuum cleaner - tons of parts to open and take apart, it will not only look better but it may also work better too!

- light switches - do you know how dirty and smudged these things get!?

- kitchen/bath sinks and tubs - amazing what some polishing can do to restore shine to tubs and sinks!

- utility sinks - one of the first things I cleaned after the detailing bug hit me a few years ago, wife thought I lost my mind when she found me working on the utility sink, but she was impressed with the end result

After re-reading my above list, I now realize why my wife likes to buy Adam's supplies for me... :-)

Anyhow, just some ideas for taking care of your detailing itch, once the itch returns after detailing your watch!

APC on the bathtub, took care of those green stains you get from copper in the water, little bit of agitation and it rinsed clean as can be.

Glass cleaner on almost everything else in the house, from windows, to countertops, etc.

I'm actually going to break out the APC in spring time and clean up the gas tank and engine/air filter cover on my Scag 52" walk behind, and apply some Super VRT to the black plastic which is faded!

Then a little bit of APC/Car shampoo and some brushing, I'll have the orange paint clean as can be on my mower, a little Quick Sealant and I'll have the shiniest mower in the neighborhood!  (Nick@Adams shares my affinity for commercial grade lawn equipment)