Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spray or Liquid Sealant ???

07stanggt

Question

I am detailing some brand new chrome wheels this weekend for a friend and he wants me to seal them. The barrels of the wheels have a semi rough surface to them (chrome on the outside)and wanted to get your thoughts wether to use a liquid or spray sealant.Will the liquid sealant get in the semi rough portion of the finish and make it hard to remove or go to the spray version where I can eliminate putting it on by hand, maybe the spray version will get in the semi rough surface easier?? Did I answer my own question?? I have both Adams Liquid and Machine sealants but have not used the spray version. The rims and tires are not mounted on the car so much easier to work on as well. I need your thoughts.Thanks.

9 answers to this question

QS is the way to go on wheel faces; the aerosol nature of the product gives you much more complete and even coverage on even the most intricate of spoke patterns.

The rear half of my barrels are rough, bare metal. I just used Metal polish to keep that part clean.

Quick Sealant, definitely.  Not sure of the exact "rough" surface you're referring to, but Quick Sealant will ensure 100% coverage over any rough/semi-rough surface.

LPS would do the job as well, but QS would be my weapon of choice for the tricky surface you're describing.

Jimmy,

Use the spray Quick Sealant especially on the rear barrel part. The spray Quick Sealant is 100% optically clear and will be easier to wipe down and won't haze over. If you use the Liquid Sealant on the rough area it may not all come off as you wipe it down and could leave a slight haze. Also don't use your good microfiber towels in that area it sounds like it may create pulls. I have it in stock.  :2thumbs: