Customer Service 866.965.0400

Getting back on track with healthy, open discussions

In light of a trend I've seen emerging lately, I would just like to remind everyone of why we are all here and what kind of atmosphere we are trying to maintain.

We are all on this forum to collaborate our ideas and collectively grow each other's knowledge of the hobby we all share. However, we need to do it in a way that is positive and constructive. Personal attacks, insults, shaming, and any other type of comments that detract from the family-oriented nature of the community are NOT for this forum.

Is that to say we can't have some healthy comparative discussion? Of course not. Realize that no two people on this forum will have the same exact approach to every detailing scenario. We all use different tools, different processes, and different products - Adam's or otherwise - to achieve our desired results. For some, it is tried and tested so they stick with it, while others may want to experiment with something unique. There's really no right or wrong answer to anything - unless of course you want to clay with Carpet Cleaner or run your polisher with just the backing plate on it.  ;)

Productively providing and taking suggestions generates a "bigger picture" for the various approaches one can take to a specific detailing situation, and what one person does or uses is not the be-all end-all in that category. Embrace this mesh of information, because ignorance is not bliss, it's just ignorant. As a community we need to respect the different levels of knowledge, experience, and ability that our member base is comprised of, and recognize that everyone here can still learn something from someone else. 

Great post Gerry!  Thank you. I've noticed as well!  

We don't like to remove members, especially members who post 95% positive, helpful content.   However, we really have no choice, as this is a discussion forum that MUST REMAIN POSITIVE!

Thanks for understanding, and I have authorized our Moderators to remove posting abilities from anyone who removes or lessens the POSITIVE VIBE that our forum must maintain.

Thanks friends, and keep it positive, and even if we lose your business, we have to keep this forum friendly and positive!

-Adam

I would also like to add that while we moderators realize that there are several ways to do these processes and in many cases have done them several ways; we will commonly suggest the Adams way first.  This helps tie in what we say with the Adams video library showing how to do it.  It also keeps what I say and what Gerry or Adam or any of the team members say, the same, so a NooB isn't getting 4 different answers from 4 different people.

Oh, and there's a difference between criticism and constructive criticism.  We enjoy the latter...   ;)

Happy detailing! 

Chris

Thanks for the post Gerry.  None of it is rocket science.  And it isn't always black or white.  The end result is all that matters, and if that individual is happy with those results.  And like you said we are all still learning at some level everyday and it never ends.  I tell my kid that regularly.  

It's supposed to be fun and relaxing!

Haven't detailed a Black Daily Driver with acid rain lately have you, Nick?  :lolsmack:

Thanks Gerry! Great post. definitely a noticeable change in the past few months. It's getting better though. If there is anything the average forum member can do to help just say the word.

Big thanks to the Adam's Team for keeping it classy and fun. Glad to see forum contests and competition making a come back.