Customer Service 866.965.0400

A few questions about procedures.

LaserBlueSilverado

Question

Well, after spending almost $800 on Adam's products in the last 3 months, I would say I am officially addicted!

I have a few questions though on how I should be using some products, and taking care of others.

1. What is the proper procedure for washing microfiber by hand? I have no choice in my area as I am on a septic system that will not take kindly to using a microfiber cleaner.

2. Can I use a small blue microfiber applicator pad in place of a foam pad for every product? I notice the Liquid Paint Sealant suggests using only foam applicators. Is it ok to use both for every product?

3. How long is Americana wax good for in storage? It will be stored inside at room temperature.

4. What is the proper procedure for washing and cleaning the small blue microfiber applicators? Can I treat these like a foam pad and simply hit them with APC, rinse and let dry?

Thanks all!

9 answers to this question

1. If you can't use a dedicated microfiber cleaner then all purpose cleaner would work fine. Although I can't imagine all purpose cleaner being ok to use with a system that can't have microfiber cleaner in it, but I'm no septic tank expert. If you have a grit guard or similar item, then fill a bucket with water and all purpose cleaner and just scrub your towels against the grit guard in the water. You might find it helpful to let the towels soak in this mixture for a little while before you attempt to clean them to help loosen up the dirt on them.

2. Yes

3. I don't know if there is a specific limit, but when kept at room temperature it should last a long time. I have a few waxes going on three years now that still look and perform brand new.

4. Your procedure would work fine.

Hope that all helps!

Edited by Gen9Rolla

1. If you can't use a dedicated microfiber cleaner then all purpose cleaner would work fine. Although I can't imagine all purpose cleaner being ok to use with a system that can't have microfiber cleaner in it, but I'm no septic tank expert. If you have a grit guard or similar item, then fill a bucket with water and all purpose cleaner and just scrub your towels against the grit guard in the water. You might find it helpful to let the towels soak in this mixture for a little while before you attempt to clean them to help loosen up the dirt on them.

2. Yes

3. I don't know if there is a specific limit, but when kept at room temperature it should last a long time. I have a few waxes going on three years now that still look and perform brand new.

4. Your procedure would work fine.

Hope that all helps!

Thanks for the help!

Well, after spending almost $800 on Adam's products in the last 3 months, I would say I am officially addicted!

I have a few questions though on how I should be using some products, and taking care of others.

1. What is the proper procedure for washing microfiber by hand? I have no choice in my area as I am on a septic system that will not take kindly to using a microfiber cleaner.

2. Can I use a small blue microfiber applicator pad in place of a foam pad for every product? I notice the Liquid Paint Sealant suggests using only foam applicators. Is it ok to use both for every product?

3. How long is Americana wax good for in storage? It will be stored inside at room temperature.

4. What is the proper procedure for washing and cleaning the small blue microfiber applicators? Can I treat these like a foam pad and simply hit them with APC, rinse and let dry?

Thanks all!

1.  I wash all my microfiber towels in the washer.  Short cycle, double rinse, regular detergent, NO FABRIC SOFTENER!  I use a little vinegar in place of the softener.  They come out perfect every time.  I got tired of hand washing

2.  I only use the blue applicator for leather conditioner.

3.  I have had the same can of Americana for 2 years...no problem.

4.  See answer 1.

How I hand-wash my towels: http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/24216-washing-machine/?do=findComment&comment=384988

Blue microfiber pads can work interchangeably just about every product. Overall it depends on personal preference and need. Clean them with your towels, or simply spray some APC and rinse it out.

Americana will last a long time when stored properly, and it seems you're already storing it properly. I still have some from the original batch back in 2009 I think it was. Still works fine.

How I hand-wash my towels: http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/24216-washing-machine/?do=findComment&comment=384988

Blue microfiber pads can work interchangeably just about every product. Overall it depends on personal preference and need. Clean them with your towels, or simply spray some APC and rinse it out.

Americana will last a long time when stored properly, and it seems you're already storing it properly. I still have some from the original batch back in 2009 I think it was. Still works fine.

I was shocked to see I received some free Americana with my last order.

Either it is because I have spent a lot of money this year and they are saying thank you, or they made a mistake. I ordered one Americana on my last order, when I opened the box I discovered two!! That is one heck of a freebie, and I am sorry but no, I won't be giving it back!

Way to post it on here so the Adam's team could see how honest you are as well.

EDIT:  I know Adam's is very cool when it comes to extras in orders etc, they usually let the mistakes fall in favor of the customers which is great.  I would have probably shot an email over to double check if I got something extra in my order however before posting it on the forums but that's pretty awesome to get a free Americana!

Edited by Ricky Bobby

I was shocked to see I received some free Americana with my last order.

Either it is because I have spent a lot of money this year and they are saying thank you, or they made a mistake. I ordered one Americana on my last order, when I opened the box I discovered two!! That is one heck of a freebie, and I am sorry but no, I won't be giving it back!

It's all yours Chester, thanks for your business!  :)

Way to post it on here so the Adam's team could see how honest you are as well.

EDIT:  I know Adam's is very cool when it comes to extras in orders etc, they usually let the mistakes fall in favor of the customers which is great.  I would have probably shot an email over to double check if I got something extra in my order however before posting it on the forums but that's pretty awesome to get a free Americana!

Actually, I did send an e-mail to the Canadian distributor who sent me my order. That was over a week ago and I still have not heard anything back, so I assume it's ok.