Customer Service 866.965.0400

Loving Glaze + Americana!

landshark

Question

I wasn't really into and know-how about proper detailing until I attended a detailing clinic from Darryl @ odds & bits last Fall.

I was only using Americana before, and finally decided to try the Glaze under it. Needles to say, I love the deep & wet mirror like result! And with an extra pair of hands won't hurt either. :)

Quick question for you guys, I just bought the Griot's Garage polisher, you know clay + glaze + wax all by hand on an SUV gets pretty tired, I'm planning to use it instead of by hand. Is the Buttery wax (or any other liquid wax) the only wax product for use in machine? But none of them will last as long as the good old paste wax right? And is glaze+LPS+wax the ultimate combo for maxizium shininess and protection?

Thanks in advance guys.

post-11910-0-23188700-1401940612_thumb.jpg

post-11910-0-95468000-1401940776_thumb.jpg

12 answers to this question

The answer to your questions are

- NO.  I use my PC7424XP to apply Americana paste wax all the time.

- Paste waxes DO tend to provide more durable protection than liquid.

- LPS + BG will provide good shine and great protection.  

For the ultimate shine AND protection, I apply MSS (now LPS), followed by BG, followed by Americana.

How do you guys apply Americana with the 7" pad? Do you put it on the paint first then use the DA to spread it on? Thanks.

I remove the entire "disk" of wax from its container and hold it against the pad.  

So, it's totally fine to use a polisher for the Americana using either 4" or 7" pads?  That's great news and my arms really thank you!  

Is LPS -> Glaze -> Wax the correct layering order?  How long should I wait for the LPS to bond before I apply the Glaze/Wax?  

Lastly, I've heard/read somewhere in the forum said you could Glaze the whole car before wipe off unlike Wax that you do a panel at a time.  Is it correct?

Besides the applicator pads, will I need anything else for the Griot's Garage's 6" polisher?  Any adaptor needed?

You can go Sealant > Glaze > Americana or you can go Glaze > Sealant > Americana.

I have a question...

I still have the old Machine Super Wax AKA Machine Super Sealant... can the glaze go under that too?

I mainly use Quick Sealant, but I have a car I am doing this weekend and want to use my Machine Super Wax. 

Edited by BigBlue2007

Jason, you want your sealant to go directly on the paint. Then you can top with glaze and americana.

+1.

Thanks for the response... I always have been sealing then glazing, but I think Adam or Nick has done some testing stating glazing first doesn't effect the durability of the sealant.

IIRC, Adam did say that.  While not questioning the Detailer-in-Chief, I'm old school and will probably always put the Sealant on first.