Customer Service 866.965.0400

White Vehicles

Ocean Planet

Question

OK, I finished my first detail job this past weekend.  Sorry there is not before/after pictures but for a 2 year old car it wasn't a huge difference (I try to take good care of my rides from the get go)

Anyway, I'm going with durability over shine as I don't enter car shows and I daily drive it half the week.  My procedure went like this:

- Wash

- Clay

- Quick Sealant

- Americana

- Maintain with Detail Spray and Car Wash Shampoo washes (for later)

IMG_0251_zpsecbdc52f.jpg

IMG_0252_zps76e111b4.jpg

My Question for you all -

Any tips for waxing a white car?  It's hard to see what you are doing and the area you cover at times.  I found myself applying too much product sometimes because it's tough to see where it is.  Especially with the quick sealant.  It's kind of a guess if you get it on there enough!  I got better with the Americana as I went on.  Did that one way too thick the first couple panels! :lol:

Thanks guys.

Edited by Ocean Planet

6 answers to this question

Looks good.  I know how you feel as I also own a white car.  When I have the car in the garage under the lights I have to use all sorts of crazy angles while I'm applying and removing.  I would recommend you add polish to your regiment next time to enhance the gloss even more. 

Edited by The Guz

Looks good.  I know how you feel as I also own a white car.  When I have the car in the garage under the lights I have to use all sorts of crazy angles while I'm applying and removing.  I would recommend you add polish to your regiment next time to enhance the gloss even more. 

Exactly. I was trying to bend all sorts of weird ways to see in the light! Workout for sure

Lots of light, and lots of contorting your angle of vision every which way. With sealant the residue is forgiving enough that you can still wipe it off with some effort, but I've missed some Americana residue in the past, didn't notice it until the next wash a week later, and had to put some RP on it to remove it then re-wax the area.

On our white vehicles I apply the wax on the panel first in the direction perpendicular to the way the wind passes it then immediately again in the direction the wind does pass over it. Once it hazes over I remove it in the exact same manner.

Gerry, you think Americana is tough to get off after it's set up for a few days, try to get Patriot off once its set up!