Customer Service 866.965.0400

Road stripe paint on my truck

shane@detailedreflections

Question

So I recently went through some construction and ended up getting white line paint on the side of my truck since they apparently just sprayed it. About two weeks ago I just stripped my truck, sealed it, glazed it and waxed it twice. How do I get the paint off? Will it come off with just clay? I didn't want to just put APC on it since it'll strip the layers off. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Shane

10 answers to this question

I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago and it went from the front of my car all the way to my trunk.  I took it to my local coin op and pressure washed it off as much as I could and then I used the regular two bucket wash method and washed my whole car.  Took it all off and no damage was made from what I can tell.  Just make sure you rinse out the wash mitt after you go over an area with the paint on it

Getting on it quickly is the key!  As everyone else mentioned, the fact that you have very fresh and intact protection will help.

Things I'd try, in order:

High pressure water

Clay Bar

3M adhesive remover

Plastic razor blade + lots of patience

If it's still relatively fresh, the pressure washer may blow most of it off and clay will take care of the rest.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks for the tips guys. I was away the last couple of days with work. I'll get on it tonight or tomorrow and see what happens. I have a 2800 psi pressure washer that I use for my motorcycle. I've never used it on the truck. I'll start with that and then some clay. Once it's off I'll reseal that part of the truck, glaze it and wax it again.

Thanks,

Shane

Thanks for the tips guys. I was away the last couple of days with work. I'll get on it tonight or tomorrow and see what happens. I have a 2800 psi pressure washer that I use for my motorcycle. I've never used it on the truck. I'll start with that and then some clay. Once it's off I'll reseal that part of the truck, glaze it and wax it again.

Thanks,

Shane

Shane, I would be very careful using that much psi pressure on your paint. Most coin op car washes are only 1400 to 1600 psi.

You can use that on your paint, but be careful. Do not get the tip of the spray wand any closer than about 15" or so. Also, use a medium to wide fan spray nozzle. Do NOT use a narrow spray tip!