Customer Service 866.965.0400

Material Safety Data Sheets?

LFairbanks, you are correct.  I stand corrected.    I found that same site after I made my post and after it was too late to edit it  My bad.

So as a consumer the law doesn't protect me, but if I use the same products in a work environment, Adam's is required by law to provide them.

That said, I would think a company like this would welcome working with me in being protective of my family's health and safety?  Seems like providing MSDS sheets when requested is such a small thing they could do to help the interested customers?

Again, I don't begrudge anyone the right to expose them self to chemicals or to take any risks they wish.  Please do not disparage my choices and desire to understand and know.

IMO the products are safe.  I have been using them for a few years and never gotten sick or had any reaction to them.  Adam is a family man do you think he would risk his family's health and safety with the products he uses and sells not to mention risking everything thing he built with Adams Polishes.  The same with his staff do you think Nick and everyone else would be using the products if they posed a health risk. 

The only thing I would like to see is on the bottles an other products is first aid info.  Like what to do if digested or for eye contact.  Different products require different methods like flushing and inducing or not inducing vomiting.  Not sure if they bottles have this but if not that would suffice for me any MSDS related info. 

What is 'safe' is not a black and white answer.  That is why there are MSDS sheets so people can choose for products identified by the government.  California has chosen to have sellers identify products that contain certain substances (proposition 65) yet other states do not care.  This allows people to decide for themselves.  Product effects can take some time to occur.

IMO the products are safe.  I have been using them for a few years and never gotten sick or had any reaction to them.  Adam is a family man do you think he would risk his family's health and safety with the products he uses and sells not to mention risking everything thing he built with Adams Polishes.  The same with his staff do you think Nick and everyone else would be using the products if they posed a health risk. 

The only thing I would like to see is on the bottles an other products is first aid info.  Like what to do if digested or for eye contact.  Different products require different methods like flushing and inducing or not inducing vomiting.  Not sure if they bottles have this but if not that would suffice for me any MSDS related info. 

I'd be curious what products you were interested in the MSDS for?

I would be particularly interested in getting more information on aerosol products such as quick sealant.  While I know it is recommended to use in well-ventilated spaces, I'm sure most of us are applying it in a tight garage space.  To be honest, while I know this product gets rave reviews, what has kept me from purchasing it is the long-term effects of breathing in the fumes.

I would give an example.  Since I have not seen any Adam's MSDS, I do not know if this is used in any products,

I know some people are sensitive about using products that contain

Ethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether (2-Butoxyethanol). It is used in some products like glass cleaners (know two detailing brands that use it) and other common household cleaners.

It is not considered really especially toxic but there supposedly workplace limits and has caused cancer in laboratory rats that were given 6 zillion gallons.  Therefore, some are concerned about it since if you happen to use in confined areas you exceed maximum safe dosages.  They would propose you use vinegar, etc, as a natural substitute.  If I was detailing inside of cars for extended periods, I may think twice about it.

Edited by Bunky

I know some people are sensitive about using products that contain

Ethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether (2-Butoxyethanol). It is used in some products like glass cleaners (know two detailing brands that use it) and other common household cleaners.

I would think if you had a sensitivity to a certain chemical, it would be much easier to ask if their products contain that chemical, than ask for an MSDS.

I would be particularly interested in getting more information on aerosol products such as quick sealant.  While I know it is recommended to use in well-ventilated spaces, I'm sure most of us are applying it in a tight garage space.  To be honest, while I know this product gets rave reviews, what has kept me from purchasing it is the long-term effects of breathing in the fumes.

If you were concerned, couldn't you just wear whatever breathing apparatus while you were using quick sealant?

What's is interesting to me is that I work for a chemical company also that moves hundreds of thousands of gallons of chemicals and I've never been asked to provide SDS sheets for shipping my Adam's products here to my workplace. We keep SDS sheets for all chemicals and fertilizers whether they are hazardous or not.

I'am going to open a can of worms.  Maybe we should all be concerned with our clothing now to.  And request an MSDS with that next clothing purchase....lol

The below link is just an example.  I'am sure there is more out there and clothing you and I buy at retailers.

http://ashsd.afacwa.org/docs/chemdata2.pdf

Edited by LFairbanks

What's is interesting to me is that I work for a chemical company also that moves hundreds of thousands of gallons of chemicals and I've never been asked to provide SDS sheets for shipping my Adam's products here to my workplace. We keep SDS sheets for all chemicals and fertilizers whether they are hazardous or not.

Some business have different requirements from their management

• 2 weeks later...

This was a fun thread to stumble onto.

Having worked Lost Prevention for a 3+billion dollar retailer, it is very common to require to have a MSDS on file for any product deemed to have hazardous chemicals in it. 

That said, why would Adam's Polishes be concerned about you having your product at work, which it sounds like shouldnt be there anyway, when the risk is soley on them because of the potential fraud issues that could arise? How is getting your product shipped to your house costing you more money?   

LFairbanks, you are correct.  I stand corrected.    I found that same site after I made my post and after it was too late to edit it  My bad.

So as a consumer the law doesn't protect me, but if I use the same products in a work environment, Adam's is required by law to provide them.

That said, I would think a company like this would welcome working with me in being protective of my family's health and safety?  Seems like providing MSDS sheets when requested is such a small thing they could do to help the interested customers?

Again, I don't begrudge anyone the right to expose them self to chemicals or to take any risks they wish.  Please do not disparage my choices and desire to understand and know.

If you used the products in a work environment your employer is required to have them available. Not the source company. And their are different rules if the product is in its original labeled container than if it is in a unlabeled refillable container...

How is getting your product shipped to your house costing you more money?   

Shipping to a commercial address cost less than a residential address.  Reason being the carrier is more than likely going to stop at the commercial address every day and drop multiple pieces.  Where as your residential address only when you order something.  There for they charge more to make the special trip so to speak.

http://www.fedex.com/us/2014rates/surcharges-and-fees.html

Edited by LFairbanks

Adam can you perhaps send me an MSDS for the all purpose cleaner? My wife has been loving it for use around the house and we have a big American Bulldog who i just want to make sure is safe in case he god forbid licked a surface that was wiped down with apc. Note that I do use a 1:1 dilution in the house, not full strength.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...