Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brand new to Adams Polishes - many questions

Zach5.9CTD

Question

Hey guys, just recieved my first order of 3 of the mystery boxes today for adams products.  Ive been a die hard Meguiars fan for YEARS and used almost NOTHING other than Meguiars, however, theres been a TON of hype lately about Adams Polishes so i thought id give Adams a try.  Anyway, this is what i recieved today from the mystery box special.

post-2511-0-60249300-1407877795.jpg

Anyway, besides whats shown above, what else can/should i order to give myself a well rounded/versed "kit" of products that i can use to try in place of my Meguiars stuff.

i DO have a 7" Meguiars G110 (PC 7424) and an array of Meguiars 2.0 polishing and finishing pads. 

Not looking to spend multi hundreds to start, but id like to add some more to what i have and really give adams a try on every aspect of a vehicle. 

So let me have it guys, what needs to be added to my shopping cart!?!?

Edited by Zach5.9CTD

17 answers to this question

You got some good stuff there!!! Other then what you have there (you will want more detail spray I can almost guarantee). I would look at there glaze and deep wheel cleaner.

I'm personally not impressed with the waterless wash (just used it today on my moms car) but then again I have really never been impressed with any waterless wash. The APC rocks, the deep wheel cleaner rocks, the detail spray rocks, and the buttery wax is awesome.

Adam's Professional Car Wash Pad

Adam's Great White Microfiber Drying Towel

More Adam's Detail Spray

Adam's Total Interior Detailer (This stuff Rocks)

Adam's Single and Double Soft Microfiber Towels

Adam's Glass Cleaner & Microfiber Glass Cleaning Towels

Just for starters, Watch the Daily Specials and also as a Adams Forum member you get to use the 10% off code when ordering. Just enter SHINE ON in the code area when ordering.

If you take cost out of it:

I know you have it already now, Adam's Car Shampoo is one of the top shampoos out there IMO and I have around 40-50 of them that I can compare it to. (Even compared to the popular D110)

Adam's Glass Cleaner is the BEST glass cleaner that I have tried. I have tried probably 10-15 comparative brands. I personally think that everyone should try their glass cleaner once, even the stubborn D120 and Stoner's guys...unless they are looking at cost--then I understand. Definitely try it.

i looked at that kit Chris - just not sure i wanna spend 200 quite yet, im sure its well worth it, but i need to get through some of my M105/M205 before i just throw it on the back shelf.  i will probably pick that kit up in a year or so once my meguiars compounds are lower. 

also just wondering....what are the blue and black pads that came with the order....only thing i can see that resebles those are red interior pads....confused? i think yes!

The grey pad is a Machine Sealant & wax pad and the other black pads are the White MF & Orange MF pad . Look at the side of the pad you can see the color......

• You definitely will need more Detail Spray!
  • You need a Clay Bar.
  • You should also have more microfiber towels.  The Borderless Blue and Double Soft Towels are fantastic!
  • You should definitely have a Grit Guard in your wash bucket, and preferably two buckets.

Other great products to name a few:

Rinseless Wash

Quick Sealant

In & Out Spray

Invisible Undercarriage Spray

Wheel Woolies

I've got plenty of megs clay. 2 buckets. 2 grit guards etc. I've got all the brushes and towels. Just looking more for actual sprays, cleaners, waxes/sealants, dressings etc. I've got all the "material" things.

Ok well I took advantage of mondays quick 24 hour sale and bought some more stuff to try and round out a good detailing combo to compare adams to megs. Here's what I got in this order. Of course I'll be adding more product as sales continue or I find something I'd really like to try.

post-2511-0-99396000-1408802929_thumb.jpg

post-2511-0-68363400-1408802962_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zach5.9CTD

The glass cleaner is amazing, you'll be buying a gallon soon and a spare bottle and keeping it in the house for your house windows, nothing cleans them better.

Try the glass sealant on your cars and your exterior house windows and enjoy beading action and spot free drying on the house after a rain storm!

If you don't have VRT it's the best trim/tire dressing I've used, I don't use Tire Shine as I don't desire shiny.

Only thing you're missing is a very versatile bottle of Rinseless!

Oh and the 7" Adams MF and foam pads will work great with your meguiars G110

More Adam's Detail Spray

Just for starters, Watch the Daily Specials and also as a Adams Forum member you get to use the 10% off code when ordering. Just enter SHINE ON in the code area when ordering.

More Adam's Detail Spray

CRAP!!! I've placed 4 huge orders since being a Forum Member and never once knew about the SHINE ON 10% code for savings. Live and learn......damn!