Customer Service 866.965.0400

BG on inside of windows?

JHL88

Question

I don't know if this has been discussed yet.  

Brilliant Glaze works great on the outside of windows, we all know this but what about on the inside of the windows?  Anyone ever tried this before?  

11 answers to this question

If they're tinted, don't do it. If they aren't tinted, I see no issue.

This.  Theres a hell of a lot of solvents in BG, I wouldn't use it on my window film.

My question with BG on windows is, does it actually clean them up while shining them, and does it help them stay cleaner longer?  Otherwise why wouldn't you just do normal Glass Cleaner/Glass Sealant?

Edited by Ricky Bobby

This.  Theres a hell of a lot of solvents in BG, I wouldn't use it on my window film.

My question with BG on windows is, does it actually clean them up while shining them, and does it help them stay cleaner longer?  Otherwise why wouldn't you just do normal Glass Cleaner/Glass Sealant?

I would also like to know this.  

I honestly haven't used BG in a while and I can't remember if I got static electricity after wiping it off the paint.  If so, that could be a problem in the cabin.  

I thought it would be a good option because with any glass cleaner you have to make sure to buff away the streaks until they're gone but with BG IMO would take less effort to buff off and not have to use multiple towels.  

Edited by JHL88

I haven't used BG on the inside of the car windows (since I have window film on both cars)... but do use it on the sliding glass doors on the house and love how it makes it sooo easy to have super clean and streak free windows. If I didn't have window film I would definitely try using it on the inside of the car windows.

I tried this for the first time the other day. I'm impressed with the results. It seems no matter how hard I try to get the glass clean with Glass Cleaner, there's always some residue visible in certain lighting conditions. And it takes two cleanings with two towels, with the second cleaning using just a few drops of Glass Cleaner to get the residue left behind from the first cleaning. Using Brilliant Glaze on the inside left zero residue in any lighting conditions. It can't get any cleaner. And it worked in one very easy application and removal. I used a Blue Microfiber Application Pad for putting the glaze on, and a Blue Microfiber towel for removal. Works great!!

I tried this for the first time the other day. I'm impressed with the results. It seems no matter how hard I try to get the glass clean with Glass Cleaner, there's always some residue visible in certain lighting conditions. And it takes two cleanings with two towels, with the second cleaning using just a few drops of Glass Cleaner to get the residue left behind from the first cleaning. Using Brilliant Glaze on the inside left zero residue in any lighting conditions. It can't get any cleaner. And it worked in one very easy application and removal. I used a Blue Microfiber Application Pad for putting the glaze on, and a Blue Microfiber towel for removal. Works great!!

Thats what I was hoping for!  Thats awesome... thanks for the testing it out.  I will definitely have to try it now.  

Glad it worked out! 

Do you have any tint/film on the inside of the windows?